My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

TV Pairing?

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbrewood

We've just bought the Humax Aura (FVP-4KGTR) and are having a problem pairing it with our Sony Bravia TV (Model KD55XE8596BU), we go through the paring process but when holding the standby and OK buttons we do not get any 3 digit code appearing on screen. The red LED does highlight on the remote so it does look to be trying to do something, but nothing happens.

I did make calls to support yesterday who advised me to hard reset the device and go through things again, exactly the same issue. On the second call I was told the device must be faulty and I should look to return it to Argos for a replacement.

Is this correct?

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 16:37:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dbrewood - 5 hours ago  » 
    We've just bought the Humax Aura (FVP-4KGTR) and are having a problem pairing it with our Sony Bravia TV (Model KD55XE8596BU), we go through the paring process but when holding the standby and OK buttons we do not get any 3 digit code appearing on screen. The red LED does highlight on the remote so it does look to be trying to do something, but nothing happens.

It is waiting for you to enter one of the 3 digit codes that are listed in the Aura guide as potentially being suitable for a Sony TV.

| Thu 28 Sep 2023 22:38:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbrewood

I get that, but there is no place to enter the 3 digit code and looking at the guide there are only two codes: 211, 070 so how do I actually enter the code?

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 10:45:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Yes only two codes for Sony, 211 works for my Sony TV.

This from the Aura manual,

Pair the universal remote control with 3 digit code:

You can follow the on-screen instructions to set the universal remote control.

Go to Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Remote control and select TV Pairing.

1. Press the GREEN button to search via TV brand code.

2. Press the TV STANDBY and OK buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. The red LED will light on.

3. Direct the remote control to your TV and enter the 3-digit code. The button will blink when each
    digit is entered and it will blink twice after the last digit is entered.

4. Your TV will turn off when matched with the code. Once your TV turns off press the OK button for
    3 seconds to lock the code.

5. The red LED will blink three times if the universal remote control setting is successful.

Note:
    • When no code is entered for 20 seconds, the universal setting mode will switch to normal mode. • For the TV brand code, see TV Brand Code List.

Follow the onscreen guide, and at number 3 just pressr the three digist (211 or 070) on the remote.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 12:00:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbrewood

Okay thanks for reconfirming / clarifying. We did manage to pair the remote using code 211 and got the 'blink three times if the universal remote control' confirmation. Good.

However - when we hit the on / off button on the Humax remote the Humax box goes off, the TV stays on as does the Sony Sound Bar which is connected to the TV.

If instead of using the power button on the remote if I trigger the Google Assistant and say 'power off' (or in reverse power on) then the Aura turns off and the TV turns off, but the sound bar still stays on. During the 'off' process the LED on the Sound Bar does briefly glow orange as if a signal is being received but not being understood (maybe?).

I've checked that the ports on the TV are correct, and I have the Aura connected to HDMI 1(HDMI in), and the Sound Bar to HDMI3 (ARC).

HDMI 1 was the same port we used for the SKY box, and that used HDMI 3 for the Sound bar too. The SKY box could turn the TV / Sound Bar on / off.

I've checked the settings on the TV to allow Bravia Sync (i.e. HDMI power control), and all looks good.

I can't see what I may be missing?

I'm assuming when you hit the power button on the Humax remote your Sony TV does turn off?

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 15:21:39 #5 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

Did you try 070?

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 15:51:56 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbrewood

Yep 070 is not accepted as a valid code, that is the TV doesn't turn off at all.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 15:53:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

I don't have a soundbar but set up with Aura and Sony TV is I press the power button on the Aura and it switches the Aura and TV on, to power them both off I press the TV button on the Aura remote and knocks the Aura and TV off. Hope that helps, sorry can't help with the soundbar.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 16:28:42 #8 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

The small power button on the Aura remote (to the left of the larger, main Aura power button) should turn the Sony on and off.

Have you got CEC switched On on both the Sony and Aura as this affects the way the two devices interact with each other? I used to have a Sony XE TV and I found that switching the TV on first via the small power button (and thus letting CEC power up the Aura), cured a lot of issues where the Aura didn't properly recognise the HDMI connection to the TV.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 16:36:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dbrewood - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm assuming when you hit the power button on the Humax remote your Sony TV does turn off?

"The"?
    There are 2 power buttons on the Aura remote. Have you tried the power button for the TV on the Aura remote instead of the usual power button?

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 16:40:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.