My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

TV Pairing?

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

dbrewood - 1 hour ago  » 
    Okay thanks for reconfirming / clarifying. We did manage to pair the remote using code 211 and got the 'blink three times if the universal remote control' confirmation. Good.
    However - when we hit the on / off button on the Humax remote the Humax box goes off, the TV stays on as does the Sony Sound Bar which is connected to the TV.
    If instead of using the power button on the remote if I trigger the Google Assistant and say 'power off' (or in reverse power on) then the Aura turns off and the TV turns off, but the sound bar still stays on. During the 'off' process the LED on the Sound Bar does briefly glow orange as if a signal is being received but not being understood (maybe?).
    I've checked that the ports on the TV are correct, and I have the Aura connected to HDMI 1(HDMI in), and the Sound Bar to HDMI3 (ARC).
    HDMI 1 was the same port we used for the SKY box, and that used HDMI 3 for the Sound bar too. The SKY box could turn the TV / Sound Bar on / off.
    I've checked the settings on the TV to allow Bravia Sync (i.e. HDMI power control), and all looks good.
    I can't see what I may be missing?
    I'm assuming when you hit the power button on the Humax remote your Sony TV does turn off?

No the large Power On/ Off button on the remote will only switch off the Aura, the smaller Power On/ Off button next to the AV button switches the Sony on and off.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 17:08:19 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbrewood

That is absolutely wonderful. I was looking to press the power button to turn on (works) and turn both off (which failed).

Following your suggestion - press the TV button on the Aura remote and yes that does indeed turn the Aura, TV and Sound Bar off.

I'm a very happy man now, thanks for the assistance, it's very much appreciated.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 17:18:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dbrewood

Luke - 39 mins ago
    There are 2 power buttons on the Aura remote. Have you tried the power button for the TV on the Aura remote instead of the usual power button?

That was what I was missing! Thanks.

| Fri 29 Sep 2023 17:20:52 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosco

[quote]does anyone know the remote code for humax ft5000 to an LG ur81

| Sun 26 Nov 2023 21:30:55 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Cosco - 1 hour ago  » 
    [quote]does anyone know the remote code for humax ft5000 to an LG ur81

Go to page 34 of the 5000T manual for the codes, there's dozens for LG TVs.

| Sun 26 Nov 2023 22:34:01 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cosco

Thanks but went thru those codes some turn tv off but humax remote won't turn tv on

| Mon 27 Nov 2023 16:15:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Cosco - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thanks but went thru those codes some turn tv off but humax remote won't turn tv on

Have you followed the instructions to the letter under the Universal Remote Control page in the 5000T
    instruction manual.
    Also go to the Humax website and download the manual for the 5000T in case Humax have updated it with the possibility of added codes for new LG TVs.
    What age is your LG TV compared to the elderly 5000T.

| Mon 27 Nov 2023 22:42:55 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.