My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

TV Portal stopped working

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

justbaron

Have been in contact with the Humax UK Commercial Director, he assures me that an update will be forthcoming.

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 14:42:07 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mickmac93

Just got a software update from Humax that has cured my problem with TV Portal error. Download from this address and follow instructions carefully.

Admin edit: Link removed as software is for HDR not HD

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 20:24:21 #62 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickmac93 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Just got a software update from Humax that has cured my problem with TV Portal error. Download from this address and follow instructions carefully.
    http://ftp.humaxdigital.com/main.html?download&weblink=d8c226ed72c810380f9f8ddb2c68c6a6&realfilename=HDR-FOXT2_1_03_12.zip

This thread is about the HD FOX T2, there is no current fix for this box yet.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/firmware-10311-vs-10312-where-can-i-dl-12

Welcome to the forum.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 20:29:21 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mickmac93

Thanks for the welcome. I thought this thread was about 'TV Portal Stopped working' and you also mentioned HDR-Fox T2 on the first page. Sorry for getting on the wrong thread.

Just a thought if this update solved my 'TV Portal not opening' problem it might do the same for HD-FOX T2? Could check with HUMAX

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 1:24:50 #64 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mickmac93 - 8 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the welcome. I thought this thread was about 'TV Portal Stopped working' and you also mentioned HDR-Fox T2 on the first page. Sorry for getting on the wrong thread.
    Just a thought if this update solved my 'TV Portal not opening' problem it might do the same for HD-FOX T2? Could check with HUMAX

It won't work on a HD FOX T2. The fix requires a new software release from Humax. One is said to be in the pipeline, afaik no release date or timescale is known.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 10:06:09 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gorgiz

Three Months - What a disrespectful and shameless company Humax are. How dare they say it takes this period of time to fix an issue. It is ONLY because this model is not making them any NEW money that they have given up investing in its upkeep.
    If anyone can provide the names for the UK CEO or corporate office I would like to pay them a visit.

I am currently writing a letter to BBC Radio 4 - You and Yours and to the BBC programme WATCHDOG. Humax deserve negative press for their appalling treatment of us.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 20:13:35 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Actually it takes Humax just as long to provide updates for products which are making them money. Look how long it took to put out the update for the 2000T to enable aerial loop through in standby and fix the BBC3/4 HD recording issues. From the BBC3/4 HD recording problem occuring it took over 10 months to put out a software fix for the 2000T. So 3 months really isn't that bad by Humax standards...

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 20:29:54 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mickmac93

‘ HUMAX WISHES TO ALWAYS BE SIDE BY SIDE WITH OUR CUSTOMERS ’

Please see the comments on the link below. They don’t appear to believe you.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/tv-portal-stopped-working

Regards
    Mick

I just sent this e-mail to HUMAX support. Anything is worth a try.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 21:17:18 #68 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

gorgiz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Three Months

1. 2 Months since post # 1

How dare they say it takes this period of time to fix an issue.

2. What on earth are you going on about, what period of time, where have they said it - that statement makes no sense at all.

It is ONLY because this model is not making them any NEW money that they have given up investing in its upkeep.

3. Wrong again read post #50

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 22:22:48 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gorgiz - 2 hours ago  » 
    Three Months - What a disrespectful and shameless company Humax are. How dare they say it takes this period of time to fix an issue. It is ONLY because this model is not making them any NEW money that they have given up investing in its upkeep.

So which are the technology companies that do invest money in software development to keep their old equipment running? I could provide quite a long list of companies that don't so am interested to know whether or not Humax are in a minority.

| Sun 26 Oct 2014 22:46:49 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.