My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

TV Schedule Changes Not in EPG - Missed Recordings

(6 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

TV schedules are a bit fluid at the moment and the Aura did not pick-up the changes to BBC1 or BBC1HD last night but did for ITV and Channel 4.

As a result EastEnders failed to record at all even though it was only moved to a slightly later time. This has happened a few times recently where programs are missed. The back EPG is accurate this morning.

I know iPlayer catch-up is available but was wondering if its a broadcaster issue or the Aura not checking if the EPG data is accurate often enough. I wish I had checked the Panasonic TV's own EPG to see if it had noticed the changes, I will next time.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:06:41 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 
    I know iPlayer catch-up is available but was wondering if its a broadcaster issue or the Aura not checking if the EPG data is accurate often enough. I wish I had checked the Panasonic TV's own EPG to see if it had noticed the changes, I will next time.

According to the Freeview specification the Humax should be able to cope with small changes to the schedule (up to 15 minutes early or 30? (not confident about that number) minutes late. I don't have an Aura so can't comment about the performance of that box in these circumstances. What I can say is that the FVP-5000T is worse at coping with scheduled changes than the earlier HDR-FOX T2 which is disappointing. I did correspond with Humax and I got an acknowledgement that there was an issue but nothing has been done to address the problem and I am guessing never will be done. My advice is chase Humax about the problem now whilst the software is still under active development.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 13:15:42 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

davidrew - 1 hour ago  » 
    TV schedules are a bit fluid at the moment and the Aura did not pick-up the changes to BBC1 or BBC1HD last night but did for ITV and Channel 4.
    As a result EastEnders failed to record at all even though it was only moved to a slightly later time. This has happened a few times recently where programs are missed. The back EPG is accurate this morning.

See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/problems-with-bbc1-hd-series-recordings#post-84254

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 13:24:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I remembered that my HDR-FOX T2 is set to record East Enders; I checked and it had indeed recorded the programme on Monday night starting exactly from the beginning. This suggests to me that the Aura has the same flawed implementation of accurate recording as the FVP-5000T.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 23:22:24 #4 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Martin Liddle - 11 mins ago  » 
    I remembered that my HDR-FOX T2 is set to record East Enders; I checked and it had indeed recorded the programme on Monday night starting exactly from the beginning. This suggests to me that the Aura has the same flawed implementation of accurate recording as the FVP-5000T.

I traded up from a 5000T and the Aura has been a big improvement but you are correct in there are likely a few ghosts of the 5000T lurking in the underlying application code.

I also noticed this evening it hadn't picked up on the postponement of the new series of Bradley Walsh Breaking Dad from yesterday to next Monday. Maybe a different CRID code but why would ITV change it?

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 23:43:33 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

One of my HDR-FOX T2 boxes was set to record Eastenders, but failed completely, just leaving a hmt file behind.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 2:16:17 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.