My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Two remotes

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Themitch

Hi there,
    I have a Humax FVP5000T and was wondering if I bought a second remote control, would they both be able to pair and control the box?
    Thanks

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 7:15:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If you have not changed the way the original remote/Humax behave (ie not gone through the procedure to deal with multiple Humaxes in the same room) a new Humax remote the same as the original will control the box just like the one that came with it. They could both be used at the same time without any form of pairing. A generic replacement remote (eg One4All) should also work along side the original. However what happens if both remotes are used at the same time is anyone’s guess.

If you have more than one Humax and have changed the code an original Humax remote will be able to control the Humax if you change the code on the new remote. A generic remote might not unless all the keys are reprogrammable.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 8:48:18 #2 |
  3. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

EEPhil - 1 week ago  » A generic remote might not unless all the keys are reprogrammable.

I have a Humax HDR1100S and am considering getting an FVP-5000T to run alongside it.

Do you think my One 4 All will be able to work them both?

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 11:28:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Depends on the model of remote.
    The two (one-4-all) I have, good as they are, dont support the 6 different code variants for operating multiple Humax devices.
    You would still need the original remotes set to different remote "numbers". The manual explains all.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 11:51:55 #4 |
  5. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

bogbody - 2 hours ago  » 

6 different code variants for operating multiple Humax devices.

Do you know if the different code variants apply to all Humax products i.e the newer BT Freeview boxes DTR-T4000 for example?

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 14:46:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

paulrichardson - 1 hour ago  » 

bogbody - 2 hours ago  » 
    6 different code variants for operating multiple Humax devices.

Do you know if the different code variants apply to all Humax products i.e the newer BT Freeview boxes DTR-T4000 for example?

Sorry I don't.
    Best I can suggest is too check the manual.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 15:48:26 #6 |
  7. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

I am trying to figure out which of the Freeview Recorders is the best one to work alongside my Humax, so I don't have any manuals yet. I'll see what I can find online.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 16:03:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

paulrichardson - 1 hour ago  » 

No, the different mode variants do not apply to the Youview DTR-T4000, nor any other Youview box. Those Youview boxes that are manufactured by Humax all use mode 1.

If you have 2 units that by default use Humax mode 1 then it is usually only necessary to change the mode for 1 of them to stop them clashing. As the unit you have now is a HDR-1100S you could change that to a different mode.

With reference to the Youview DTR-T4000, the last time I had access to a DTR-T4000 all 6 modes of a Humax remote could turn it on. Once It is turned on then only a Humax remote with mode 1 then operates it.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 16:22:04 #8 |
  9. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Thanks Luke, that's great information about the Humax boxes.

I've sent a support request to One For All asking if the different Humax modes are supported by my URC6430.

| Sun 27 Jun 2021 16:49:03 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.