My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

unable to connect to internet

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

192.168.1.254 is standard for BT Hubs

Thanks - that is correct. By typing 192.168.1.254 in to the browser I get taken to the BT Home Hub.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 14:34:39 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See this post which says

I noticed that it claimed to have no internet connection although the router indicated it had LAN connection ... selecting the retry option more than once had no effect ... selecting the On Demand button on the remote control connected it straight away, and I was then able to select Demand 5 with no problem.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 14:02:11 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Stocky

Dear ALL
    Firstly, my apologies for having put this post onto the wrong subject, being a first time user I was both impressed (and somewhat overwhelmed) by the responses I had received.
    I have to apologise for the 'gap' in responding to you all but an emergency domestic issue kept me away from home until today.
    I have tried all of the suggestions and am especially indebted to JohnH 77. Your assistance has been invaluable and I now know how to interrogate my BT Homehub 5. This has shown that I have an intermittent connection on my ethernet powerline system whenever the Humax 4000T is connected. I have tried the repeated 'Retry' option as well as the 'on demand' option but all to no avail. Then a short while ago, the unit has recognised the Wireless network and is functioning although I have been to scared to try the software update as yet.
    I have ordered new ethernet power line units in the hope that these may be the issue but at least we have a functioning 4000t
    Thank you all for helping me Until this week I had never used a 'Forum' and am seriously impressed with your generosity of time and advice.
    Rgds

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 16:32:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I am now seriously wondering if the "Connected to network - unable to connect to the internet" is a problem with BT Home Hubs.

I have had it happen with my phone and tablet. It's quite random - the phone of tablet connects but cannot get through to the internet. I connect it again and it works OK.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 13:58:23 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stocky - 2 days ago  » 
    Dear ALL
    Firstly, my apologies for having put this post onto the wrong subject, being a first time user I was both impressed (and somewhat overwhelmed) by the responses I had received.
    I have to apologise for the 'gap' in responding to you all but an emergency domestic issue kept me away from home until today.
    I have tried all of the suggestions and am especially indebted to JohnH 77. Your assistance has been invaluable and I now know how to interrogate my BT Homehub 5. This has shown that I have an intermittent connection on my ethernet powerline system whenever the Humax 4000T is connected. I have tried the repeated 'Retry' option as well as the 'on demand' option but all to no avail. Then a short while ago, the unit has recognised the Wireless network and is functioning although I have been to scared to try the software update as yet.
    I have ordered new ethernet power line units in the hope that these may be the issue but at least we have a functioning 4000t
    Thank you all for helping me Until this week I had never used a 'Forum' and am seriously impressed with your generosity of time and advice.
    Rgds

Sounds like a power saving issue with the homeplug units. After a period of no activity they can go to sleep. Perhaps they don't reconnect quickly enough.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 14:43:18 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.