My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Unpair from iOS device

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

souporjuice - 58 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not doing a factory reset. End of. I didn't ask for a solution guys, just confirming the original issue. I don't care enough to contact Freesat, I just won't ever use the app.
    The two things are connected in that they are bugs in the Freesat id maintenance code. I get that you can't register the same email address twice, but the scenario is, I have deleted the Freesat id altogether, but I now can NEVER use that email address to set up a new Freesat id, and there is no way to undelete the Freesat id.

You can't undelete it because more than likely it was never actually deleted. That's not a bug, it's sensible. You could no doubt get it relinked if you chose.

It's mysterious to me why you'd rather put up with the rebooting rather than drop an email to Freesat to get help unpairing the box, but chacun à son goût

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 21:36:41 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 20 minutes ago  » 

souporjuice - 35 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not doing a factory reset. End of. I didn't ask for a solution guys, just confirming the original issue. I don't care enough to contact Freesat, I just won't ever use the app.
    The two things are connected in that they are bugs in the Freesat id maintenance code. I get that you can't register the same email address twice, but the scenario is, I have deleted the Freesat id altogether, but I now can NEVER use that email address to set up a new Freesat id, and there is no way to undelete the Freesat id.

Why not simply set up a second e-mail address within your existing account. I don't know of any service that you cannot have multiple addresses from the same mail provider. You should be able to add one purely for Freesat.

That wouldn't help with unpairing the box though.

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 21:43:42 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.