My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

USB instructions for HDR-1100S

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

spineytoo

The box played video correctly from the USB stick so that is fine.
    I am disappointed that it is not possible to copy SD programs with the new Humax; we have exported and imported missed programs with friends a number of times and that has been useful. It should not be a copyright problem because they all could have recorded the programme anyway.
    There is still no explanation as to why the box erased all my recordings; will it do it again? I have no confidence in this machine!

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 18:01:39 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

coriuk01

I bought the latest Humax for use on a second TV.

After researching on how to transfer recordings to USB on the new box I came across this thread. Totally gutted!! I do already have a Humax Foxsat box that currently allows this functionality. I then convert the exported recording to MP3 with Audio Description on the PC.

I have now bought the newest version of the Humax to use as my main box to now find out that the main feature I use, other than just watching TV obviously, has been removed.

Spent a day sorting out channels and getting used to the general operations to now have to seriously consider sending the box back.

Does anyone have any further information why this functionality has been removed?

Apart from buying a secondhand Foxsat am I stuffed?

| Wed 14 Nov 2018 21:40:19 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

coriuk01 - 12 hours ago  » 
    After researching on how to transfer recordings to USB on the new box I came across this thread. Totally gutted!! I do already have a Humax Foxsat box that currently allows this functionality. I then convert the exported recording to MP3 with Audio Description on the PC.
    I have now bought the newest version of the Humax to use as my main box to now find out that the main feature I use, other than just watching TV obviously, has been removed.
    Spent a day sorting out channels and getting used to the general operations to now have to seriously consider sending the box back.
    Does anyone have any further information why this functionality has been removed?

Are you able to run a single flat Cat 6 cable from the 11ooS to the remote TV location. ?

The flat cable can be run under a carpet.
    eg

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Internet-Snagless-Connectors-Compatible/dp/B071SJ3GBH/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1542271764&sr=8-4&keywords=flat+cat6+ethernet+cable

| Thu 15 Nov 2018 9:51:14 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

coriuk01

grahamlthompson - 21 minutes ago  » 

Are you able to run a single flat Cat 6 cable from the 11ooS to the remote TV location. ?
    eg
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-Internet-Snagless-Connectors-Compatible/dp/B071SJ3GBH/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1542271764&sr=8-4&keywords=flat+cat6+ethernet+cable

My 1100S , TV and PC are all in the same location so that would not be a possible.

I am not sure how I can them copy recordings to the PC using that so please can you explain further.

| Thu 15 Nov 2018 10:14:32 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

coriuk01 - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 21 minutes ago  » 

eg

My 1100S , TV and PC are all in the same location so that would not be a possible.
    I am not sure how I can them copy recordings to the PC using that so please can you explain further.

You can use CAT6 cable with a balun to effectively make a very long thin HDMI cable. You would then be able to watch all your recordings on the remote TV and use the on demand services all without copying. them at all No need for a PC. This one includes Infra Red so you can control the box remotely using it's remote control

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01F5GS9CY/ref=asc_df_B01F5GS9CY56875185/?tag=blusas008-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B01F5GS9CY&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214190284008&

Other than that a Freeview+ HDR-FOX-T2 will do all what you want

| Thu 15 Nov 2018 11:42:14 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

coriuk01

Thank you for the explanation, now I understand how the cable works. I have been using separate boxes up until now as I had an old Skybox already when I got the Humax Foxsat.

The reason I copy the files to the PC is to convert them to MP3 along with the audio description. I am often not in a place I am able to watch TV (but do want access to it on 2 TV's for when I do) so by converting to MP3 and can catch up with programs recorded on a MP3 player.

My current Foxsat box can continue to be used to do the exporting of the program files and, as you have explained, I now know I could of saved myself the cost of the second box by using a cable. However, my Foxsat box is obviously getting older and I wanted to get a second box with the same functionality as a backup for when my Foxsat meets its mechanical maker.

Does anyone know of another Freesat box that allows files to be copied to a USB stick?

| Thu 15 Nov 2018 12:11:19 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

coriuk01 - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for the explanation, now I understand how the cable works. I have been using separate boxes up until now as I had an old Skybox already when I got the Humax Foxsat.
    The reason I copy the files to the PC is to convert them to MP3 along with the audio description. I am often not in a place I am able to watch TV (but do want access to it on 2 TV's for when I do) so by converting to MP3 and can catch up with programs recorded on a MP3 player.
    My current Foxsat box can continue to be used to do the exporting of the program files and, as you have explained, I now know I could of saved myself the cost of the second box by using a cable. However, my Foxsat box is obviously getting older and I wanted to get a second box with the same functionality as a backup for when my Foxsat meets its mechanical maker.
    Does anyone know of another Freesat box that allows files to be copied to a USB stick?

You would need a generic FTA satellite box to do this. Look at Linux Enigma 2 based kit. Some of these can use the Freesat epg and set series recordings.

| Thu 15 Nov 2018 12:42:31 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

coriuk01

You would need a generic FTA satellite box to do this. Look at Linux Enigma 2 based kit. Some of these can use the Freesat epg and set series recordings.

Thank you I am now investigating the generic box option and getting to grips with setting them up for recieving the channels and epg although I am far from the most Techi person. However, they appear to be receivers rather than recorders. Can you just give me a push in the right on how to record and export the file from a generic box.

Thank your for all your help.

| Fri 16 Nov 2018 9:42:16 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

coriuk01 - 34 minutes ago  » 

Thank you I am now investigating the generic box option and getting to grips with setting them up for recieving the channels and epg although I am far from the most Techi person. However, they appear to be receivers rather than recorders. Can you just give me a push in the right on how to record and export the file from a generic box.
    Thank your for all your help.

Many of them record to a usb hard drive. You just have to connect the hard drive to your PC.

Another alternative

https://www.vboxcomm.com/uk-freeview-and-freesat.html

| Fri 16 Nov 2018 10:20:07 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

joeboy75

i have an old single tuner 1000s and there are 2 USB ports , and i intend to use one for recording TV programmes and the other for a portable hard drive with pre-loaded films on , does it matter which USB port i use as don't want to record onto my pre-recorded film drive

| Thu 27 Aug 2020 14:01:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.