My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Video calling?

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

In theory, should it be possible with a usb camera to run something like Zoom or Teams meetings on the Aura? Would make family calls over Christmas easier than plugging in a laptop via HDMI to the TV.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 9:32:51 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

larkim - 2 hours ago  » 
    In theory, should it be possible with a usb camera to run something like Zoom or Teams meetings on the Aura? Would make family calls over Christmas easier than plugging in a laptop via HDMI to the TV.

No! I returned by Humax Aura, but I do not think that the Zoom and Teams apps are compatible with the Aura. You could try installing them.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 11:35:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Your reply starts with a "no" and then suggests it could be worth a try.

I'll give it a try in some way at the weekend. Not entirely convinced i could get any of the webcams I've got at home working in terms of drivers (or whatever equivalent Android uses) but it would be a great use of the type of device at the moment. In 2019 it would have been a very niche use, but in 2020 it feels more like something worth exploring. Perhaps side loading Zoom could work, I suspect the camera is the less likely bit though.

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 12:09:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

I've plugged a USB camera into my Aura and tried to get Google Duo to work. Duo supports the camera and showed my video, but I couldn't get it to work when I tried calling. Don't know if it was Duo fault or Aura issue.

Has anyone else got Duo working on the Aura?

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 19:45:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Has anyone tried video calls in Facebook?

| Thu 3 Dec 2020 19:49:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I couldn't get Duo to show my camera, but it isn't a main brand / well known one.

Not tried facebook at all; might try an audio call at least if messenger is part of the facebook functionality on the Aura.

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 16:57:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

camallison

I also have a similar problem with my Aura and a webcam when trying to use Google Duo. The webcam is a recent model and works with other android products, but not with the Aura. No matter how I set it up in Duo settings, it shows camera and microphone not detected on startup. Even totally powering down the Aura has no effect nor does clearing the app storage and cache.

Has anyone managed to get it working?

Colin

| Sat 12 Dec 2020 12:31:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Have you tried just plugging the camera in and then opening the inbuilt camera app (the one I suggested you disable)? At least that way you will find out if the camera you have is compatible.
    As per my suggestion in this thread:-

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/webcam-for-aura-uhd

| Fri 15 Jan 2021 9:35:35 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.