My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

View via hdmi lead

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

Samsung tv shows ‘no tv connection’ when switched on but then receives signal once humax switched on. The rf in and out cables are in place but is it normal for the hummy to take over like this? Once it’s done I can switch off the humax and continue as normal, the tv signal now working as it should. Must be a reason. Any thoughts?

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 10:28:15 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

guygrand - 1 hour ago  » 
    Samsung tv shows ‘no tv connection’ when switched on but then receives signal once humax switched on. The rf in and out cables are in place but is it normal for the hummy to take over like this? Once it’s done I can switch off the humax and continue as normal, the tv signal now working as it should. Must be a reason. Any thoughts?

Turn off power saving in sby or fit a TV splitter and use one output to feed the box and the other the TV.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 11:38:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

Thanks for that. Power saving mode is on but will not give me the option of switching it off. Factory reset is greyed out. Humax support on holiday, but you are obviously correct and I’ll fix it when they can point me in the right direction. Once again many thanks.
    Cheers, John.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 12:57:21 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

guygrand - 2 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for that. Power saving mode is on but will not give me the option of switching it off. Factory reset is greyed out. Humax support on holiday, but you are obviously correct and I’ll fix it when they can point me in the right direction. Once again many thanks.
    Cheers, John.

That sounds like the box is recording or about to start a recording. Check the recordings list.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 13:01:38 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

No ,I really don’t know what it was but the reset option cleared itself so as I didnt have any recordings I went back to square one and resolved the problem. Many thanks because I would not have thought of that having only had the thing 2 days.
    Cheers, John.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 14:20:00 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The advice you will get from the various longstanding members here will be infinitely better and more accurate than the advice you will get from the "helpline".
    Because I assure you, they (the helpline) will almost certainly just tell you to do a factory reset without properly assessing whether this is absolutely necessary.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 14:24:37 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

guygrand

OK, cheers.

| Fri 1 Jan 2021 14:38:48 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.