My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

What's the best box?

(49 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mlavende - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Not quite the same way since you cannot add things to folders either. e.g. I recorded all the christmas University Challenges and want to put them in the same folder as the normal University Challenges. Can't do it can I? They are stuck in their own folder.
    And don't get me started about how the newest one is automatically selected rather than the oldest!
    -Mat

Your post said automatically add recordings to folders. None of the above is automatic unless you have the custom firmware and sweeper.

The 4000/5000T isn't alone in lacking user created folders, the G2 Freesat+ boxes also can't do this.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 13:12:48 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I've mentioned in a different thread that i'm a new Humax user and have a 5000t. I have some small niggles but overall i'm happy with it. I hope it continues to get updates/new features but an important tick in the box is that my wife likes it and thinks it's good. After many years I've learned if my wife is happy...I am happy.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 14:33:16 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sirdavy

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 
    You can change to any channel while watching live by simply tapping in the channel number. eg 103 takes you to viewing ITV-HD.

But then I have to remember all the channel numbers of all my fav channels and dial in three numbers for each.

Same works in the epg by jumping to the epg line at the current date and time.

Maybe I've missed this. So you click 'guide' then move the cursor to the channel and click that and you're right there, no summary screen?

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 16:18:24 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No - when in the guide tapping in the channel number jumps directly to the epg entry.

Try watching channel 1 (hit 1). Now Guide - 101 to jump to BBC 1 HD.

If you have a Harmony remote the favourite icons do the job.

Watching live press the BBC1-HD icon jumps to that channel. If in the guide the same icon shifts the epg focus to that channel.

I rarely use anything but HD so remembering the channel numbers isn't really an issue.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 16:52:07 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

sirdavy - 6 hours ago »
    - It won't simply switch to another channel when you are watching TV.

Barry - 5 hours ago »
    Are you saying you cannot change channel by simply pressing the CH up/down button or entering the channel number required on the remote keypad?

Sir Davy, did you reply to Barry's question concerning the "CH up/down button"? I can't see a response.

Providing you are not recording 3 or 4 programmes at once from 3 different multiplexes you should be able to do as Barry suggests.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 17:24:53 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Sir Davy looks to be frustrated by the procedure to change channel from the guide or info banner, in that it doesn’t change channel but goes to the info screen first.

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 21:44:17 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sirdavy

AJ - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sir Davy looks to be frustrated by the procedure to change channel from the guide or info banner, in that it doesn’t change channel but goes to the info screen first.

Yes, this is exactly my problem. I want to watch Newsnight I don't need to see an info screen telling me what the programme I've already chosen to view is. Not only is it an extra click it's a ponderous couple of seconds while the info screen populates with all the unwanted information. Is there anyway to kill the info screen?

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 23:15:37 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A tad confused, Newsnight appears to be on BBC2 in SD on channel 2 on Freeview on channel 2 and available by pressing 2 on the remote control and in in HD by pressing 102, in both cases while watching live TV.

Does this not work with sirdavy's box ?

| Wed 31 Jan 2018 23:53:56 #38 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

sirdavy - 11 hours ago  » 

AJ - 1 hour ago  » 

Yes, this is exactly my problem. I want to watch Newsnight I don't need to see an f-n info screen telling me what the programme I've already chosen to view is. Not only is it an extra click it's a ponderous couple of seconds while the info screen populates with all the unwanted information. Is there anyway to kill the info screen?

Does not pressing OK on the programme entry in the EPG take you straight to programme (admittedly with the info banner at the bottom of the screen until it times out or you press Back / Return as happens on my BT Youview box?

Or is it more like my old Foxsat HDR where you press OK twice in quick succession from the EPG entry?

I too make use of Favourites on my Harmony Ultimate remote control but as that is limited to only work on one box I have chosen to use them for the Youview box which is the most cumbersome for channel navigation of my three boxes.

| Thu 1 Feb 2018 10:26:50 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pressing OK on current programme in the epg gets you this.

Attachments

1. OKOnCurrent.jpg (123.4 KB, 3 downloads) 6 years old
    | Thu 1 Feb 2018 11:05:14 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.