My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Which 65” tv for fox sat hdr or upgrade

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Not everyone is obsessed with having the biggest screen possible.

| Thu 28 Nov 2019 16:13:44 #51 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Or sitting in exactly the 'sweet spot'. I sit 3.5m and, lordy lord, HWMBO sits 2.5m from out 48 incher.

| Thu 28 Nov 2019 16:28:40 #52 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bob793 - 25 mins ago  » 
    Isn’t 4.5m a bit too far away for a 55’? I’m sure it’ll be fine but you could go closer without seeing pixels or other undesirable detail if you wanted to couldn’t you?

The layout of the room makes a corner setting the only practical location together with the access door from the hall being directly opposite the fireplace making seating opposite impossible to wall mount over the fire. . 55" is the max size I can use. I used to have a problem with very tiny print. I can read every thing. I do have 9 speakers plus a sub because of the awkward shape.

I can get closer but that puts a chair in the middle of the room.

| Thu 28 Nov 2019 16:36:03 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bob793

I’m not obsessed but I have the space to wall mount a 65” and 12’ should be ok for viewing distance. I’m going to rearrange the layout of the room entirely to accommodate the 65” tv. I did consider a 55” because I could just about fit it in the space my 40” tv is now but I think the room will work better with the new layout. I’ve had this layout in my living room since I moved here 2010 so a change will be good. I’ve got awkwardly situated doors too so my tv is currently near the corner of the room. I’m not in a hurry to buy, I need to look at more TVs before deciding.

| Thu 28 Nov 2019 17:12:05 #54 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.