My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Why Does The HDD Spin Up When On Standby ????

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Easterross

?? Um, it certainly isn't spinning up just prior to any recordings, it's doing this completely at random. Often just for a few minutes

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 16:26:20 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Easterross - 4 mins ago  » 
    ?? Um, it certainly isn't spinning up just prior to any recordings, it's doing this completely at random. Often just for a few minutes

That sounds like corrupted software. Did you try a reset to factory defaults ?.

Other than infra red the the only way the box can boot is from a internal timer.

Try covering up the IR window. You may have a rogue source of infra red. Low energy bulbs or even a fault TV Backlight can emit infra red.

If you shine a torch on the front you should be able to see where it is. I don't have your box so can't look for you.

It has no wake on lan activity capability.

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 16:37:06 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Easterross

I’ll give the reset another go Graham and then I’ll try covering the IR, the remotes and my phone and let you know. Many thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think it’s the TV because the PVR is under an oak shelf and the lights wouldn’t affect it during the daytime.

| Sat 16 Jan 2021 23:42:08 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

D

| Sun 17 Jan 2021 8:00:11 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have remote recording enabled?

| Sun 17 Jan 2021 8:00:42 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Easterross

I did the factory reset and left it overnight. I haven’t restored any of my timed recordings yet either. This morning I turned the TV and PVR off as usual, pouted the remotes away and five minutes later the disc powered up for 2 minutes. It’s just done it again, 25 minutes later. No lights on.

| Sun 17 Jan 2021 11:36:27 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Easterross - 1 hour ago  » 
    I did the factory reset and left it overnight. I haven’t restored any of my timed recordings yet either. This morning I turned the TV and PVR off as usual, pouted the remotes away and five minutes later the disc powered up for 2 minutes. It’s just done it again, 25 minutes later. No lights on.

As reppasac says. Do you have remote scheduling setup. If so the box will do that to check you haven't made a change to the schedule. Did you find the infra red receiver. Once covered up check the remote has no control.

Incidentally a mobile phone camera can see infra red as a flash of light. Have a good look round for a source. Get someone to push a button on a remote while using the camera to see what happens.

| Sun 17 Jan 2021 13:27:13 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Easterross

I covered up the IR as suggested and the hard drive still spins up randomly. No recording schedule, no phones in the room, no lights, no other devices whatsoever! As I said, the PVR is 2 solid oak shelves below the TV.

| Sun 17 Jan 2021 20:44:08 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Easterross - 32 mins ago  » 
    I covered up the IR as suggested and the hard drive still spins up randomly. No recording schedule, no phones in the room, no lights, no other devices whatsoever! As I said, the PVR is 2 solid oak shelves below the TV.

Running out ideas. However the fact that the the box is two solid shelves below the the TV means nothing. Infra red bounces off light surfaces.

Looking more and more like a strong RF source. How close is the WiFi router?

If close. Get a say a 2M patch lead. Move the router 2M away. Connect it to a seperate socket using an extension cable if you need one.

| Sun 17 Jan 2021 21:19:15 #19 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Have you ever paired the app to your unit?
    Your response to Graham "No recording schedule" leaves some doubt.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:49:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.