My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Why Does The HDD Spin Up When On Standby ????

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Easterross

Morning guys. We have a new BT Smarthub2, 2 stone walls and about 6m away. There is a Wi-fi disc just outside the door but the powering up pre-dates all this.
    I did download the Freesat app to my phone a few weeks ago but I never used it and so I deleted it.
    I’m going to try turning off the TV at the socket but other than that it looks like I’m just going to have to live with it! Curiously, there is an identical unit (though not with Freetime written on it, just Freesat) and this one doesn’t appear to do it, in spite of a nearby Wi-fi disc and multiple devices.
    Many thanks for all you time and suggestions, I do appreciate your efforts.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 9:50:57 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did you pair the app before you deleted it? If so it would not matter is you deleted the app. The Humax and Freesat would still think it is paired.

If paired it would need to be unpaired via settings on the HDR otherwise it will boot approximately every 20 mins.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 10:20:24 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Easterross

No, I didn’t pair it, I didn’t actually know you had to! I just thought it was a way of looking at the EPG do I deleted it the next day. I’ve checked the settings on the Humax and can see he code offered but that’s all.

| Mon 18 Jan 2021 11:46:32 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.