My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Will not record

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kendal

PVR-9300T Full of problems... often resets itself and I lose recording schedule and list of favourite channels If I pull the plug i lose all recorded programs. And now it won't record. It accepts my choice to record but when the time comes it does not record.

| Fri 9 Nov 2018 20:51:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

You may have all 3 of the commonest issues previously discussed (a lot) in the PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T section of this site.

Kendal - 12 hours ago  » 
    PVR-9300T Full of problems... often resets itself and I lose recording schedule and list of favourite channels

This is quite common on old PVR-9300Ts and also its sibling PVR-9150T.
    There are many reports of this problem, see for instance https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/pvr-9150t-recording-schedule-issue.

I've seen a recent (i.e. less than 3 year old post someone concerning a possible hardware solution but I can't find it today.
    For a read on some others on this site look in https://myhumax.org/forum/forum/9150t-9200t-9300t-pvr. There are loads!

Kendal - 12 hours ago  » If I pull the plug i lose all recorded programs.

That sound as though you have a corrupt file system. Pulling the plug out while the PVR is doing something increases the risk of this occurring.
    There is an option on the PVR to format the HDD. Use that and it will initilise the file system (in a few seconds). Unfortunately if you do have any recordings at that point you will lose them.
    At the same time I'd also action a default settings as what you were describing as a "reset" is not a full reset. If it were then you would have had to also retune.

Kendal - 12 hours ago  »  And now it won't record. It accepts my choice to record but when the time comes it does not record.

This could be a symptom of the file system being corrupt but it could also be a sign that your PVR-93000T is tuned to more than 1 transmitter.
    See for the manual technique to tune to just 1 transmitter follow the instructions at
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097
    Tuning to just 1 transmitter also decreases the amount of freezing that can occur when navigating the menus.

| Sat 10 Nov 2018 9:50:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I had a beloved 9300t until a few months ago when I knew I needed to get a new box as it starting to fail and it I felt it wouldn't last much longer, I didn't have too much recorded at the time so it also seemed the perfect time to change without me losing numerous series.
    When it's losing your recording schedule and list of favourite channels is it after it's been put in standby? I found towards the end if mine ever got put in standby (or power turned off) it would lose my whole recording schedule but not recorded programmes. Also the screen ratio would change.

| Sun 11 Nov 2018 12:35:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.