My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Will we ever see a replacement for the FVP-5000T

(49 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sparky Baz

Is there a way to setup a skip function to skip the adds (ie30,60 sec) on my FVP-5000T box.

| Fri 5 Jun 2020 14:14:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

Its already there.

F button
    Settings
    PVR settings
    Playback options

Backwards = instant reply time
    Forwards = Skip[ forward time.

Page 22 of manual

| Fri 5 Jun 2020 14:26:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sparky Baz - 37 mins ago  » 
    Is there a way to setup a skip function to skip the adds (ie30,60 sec) on my FVP-5000T box.

In addition to the manual that meadfoot has directed you to, this site has a FAQ section for the FVPs that includes the answer that question.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-use-skip-function.

| Fri 5 Jun 2020 14:55:15 #13 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I've investigated the Manhattan T3-R and it does look very good and has a fast UI (very similar to YouView apparently) and on-demand that actually works.

The downside compared to the Humax is that it only has two tuners, which limits parallel recording and live viewing, and no Netflix. The largest disk is only 1TB (but that could be changed).

Like everything its not perfect but add an extra tuner, a bigger drive option, and if you weren't bothered about Netflix it would be a no brainer. Manhattan are also listening to their customers (take note Humax) and releasing updated firmware with new features fairly regularly and are apparently about to release a major V2.0 version.

Humax need to pull their socks-up and realise the competition is catching them up and in a lot of areas have already overtaken them.

| Mon 8 Jun 2020 11:06:35 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

It seems such a shame, a company that used to be really good, Humax appear to be fine with the fact that their last big unit is as poor as it is, Humax done their own firmwares before and that is probably where their main issue lies now, if they it themselves they could have the issues sorted and have a lot more happier customers that will return next time, they will not pay whichever 3rd party company to fix the firmware either.

I had the Fox T2 which was brilliant, that broke eventually and felt the 5000T was the only real option and really liked the amount of tuners being a big selling point.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is it for Humax and they don't plan on making any new units at all, they seem to offer very little in the way of support and seem like a company that is now happy to just see itself out with the current unit as long as it can.

| Mon 8 Jun 2020 19:11:34 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

james_uk - 1 min ago  » 
    It seems such a shame, a company that used to be really good, Humax appear to be fine with the fact that their last big unit is as poor as it is, Humax done their own firmwares before and that is probably where their main issue lies now, if they it themselves they could have the issues sorted and have a lot more happier customers that will return next time, they will not pay whichever 3rd party company to fix the firmware either.
    I had the Fox T2 which was brilliant, that broke eventually and felt the 5000T was the only real option and really liked the amount of tuners being a big selling point.
    I really wouldn't be surprised if this is it for Humax and they don't plan on making any new units at all, they seem to offer very little in the way of support and seem like a company that is now happy to just see itself out with the current unit as long as it can.

Apart from the slow UI. My 5000T works just fine.

It reliably records up to 4 (even 5 with a simple work around) and provided you can wait a few seconds it works just fine. I mostly record just HD from the main PSB HD mux.

If I could afford another I would add one to my kitchen TV so I can record on both and view the recordings from either on the box in the lounge and kitchen

| Mon 8 Jun 2020 19:16:33 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 

What evidence do you have that the software was produced by a third party company?

| Mon 8 Jun 2020 20:43:44 #17 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

Often repeated factoid?

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 7:33:21 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trev - 1 hour ago  » 
    Often repeated factoid?

Can you show me a source please?

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 9:31:25 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

It's definitely the case that the Freesat s/w on the G2 boxes is not owned by Humax. Freesat wanted to own the brand entirely and sub-contracted s/w development to a 3rd party. I believe I read at the time of the Freeview Play launch that the Digital TV Consortium (Freeview) had adopted the same approach. If so, any reluctance to improve the product is down to Freeview.

| Tue 9 Jun 2020 11:54:43 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.