My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Won't change channel after 30 Mins

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian Ball

I have been downloading all the latest software releases but on my Foxsat-HDR, for about the last 6 months I have not been able to change channels if I’ve watched a channel for more than 30 minutes and have to reboot. The box shows that the channel has changed but there is no picture or sound, I only have 8% of the HD used. Annoying as this is, it become very frustrating with the Olympics.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 11:42:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you tried a reset to factory defaults ? Can you change channel using the buttons under the flap rather than using the remote control ?

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 12:02:01 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

If this is trying to change channel using the EPG then this is a common issue (for me anyway). But changing channel using the Channel List, using P+ or P- or keying the channel number directly always works for me.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 14:46:40 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Ian Ball - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have been downloading all the latest software releases but on my Foxsat-HDR, for about the last 6 months I have not been able to change channels if I’ve watched a channel for more than 30 minutes and have to reboot. The box shows that the channel has changed but there is no picture or sound, I only have 8% of the HD used. Annoying as this is, it become very frustrating with the Olympics.

I suspect that this is something to do HDMI handshaking as you say the Foxsat displays the new channel - try setting a fixed output (suggest 1080i) and see what happens.

You can also try switching HDMI ports on the TV and back again. Also check the cable is seated correctly at both ends.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 15:26:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian Ball

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you tried a reset to factory defaults ? Can you change channel using the buttons under the flap rather than using the remote control ?

Thanks, tried factor reset and using the buttons, same result

| Fri 3 Aug 2012 10:05:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian Ball

gomezz - 2 days ago  » 
    If this is trying to change channel using the EPG then this is a common issue (for me anyway). But changing channel using the Channel List, using P+ or P- or keying the channel number directly always works for me.

The problem is with the P+ and P- and after 30 mins I cannot access the EPG

| Fri 3 Aug 2012 10:07:54 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ian Ball - 3 minutes ago  » 

gomezz - 2 days ago  » 

The problem is with the P+ and P- and after 30 mins I cannot access the EPG

Does the epg display if you press the schedule button on the remote and then the red button, rather than the guide button ? Do the other overlays like the menus, programme info, live pause etc work and display on the screen ?

I suspect you may have a problem on the HDD drive in the sectors that store the timeshift buffer file (0.ts), around 30 mins from the beginning. If you have the custom firmware you could try renaming the existing 0.ts to force the box to create another on a different part of the disc. If this works it's time to replace the hdd. You don't say how old the box is, most came with a 2yr warranty.

| Fri 3 Aug 2012 10:17:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian Ball

REPASSAC - 1 week ago  » 

Ian Ball - 3 hours ago  » 

I suspect that this is something to do HDMI handshaking as you say the Foxsat displays the new channel - try setting a fixed output (suggest 1080i) and see what happens.
    You can also try switching HDMI ports on the TV and back again. Also check the cable is seated correctly at both ends.

I've tried different cables and different monitors and the output was already fixed at 1080i and I still have the same problem.

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 18:54:35 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

GT - This is now sounding more like a HD problem - 30 mins after a channel change (0.ts).
    Ian - If you change channels every 20mins all is OK?
    Is Foxsat in warrenty or not?

Is the 30 mins different on a HD channel?

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 18:59:08 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

That's what I thought, the time seems to be to precise to be a random bug. Symptoms sound just like the guy on AV forums who used a PC drive and ran into similar problems.

| Wed 8 Aug 2012 19:04:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.