My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Won't switch on while recording

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I got in touch with Humax about it and they advised me how to switch the machine on (only press the power button once or it will receive confusing messages) but I still can't get it to switch on while it's recording something.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 22:43:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

I have the same problem. Nothing happens when I press power on the remote or on the box.

| Sun 31 Jul 2016 23:31:27 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Are you both sure it is not switching on whilst recording?

Look very carefully at the front LED - slightly brighter red if recording and switched on from standby.

Suspect a HDMI handshake issue, try turning off HDMI CEC on your TV.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 7:40:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

Nope, definitely won't switch on. HDMI CEC is switched off. I've had this problem ever since I bought the box so I guess being able to watch one program while recording another will forever remain a pipe dream. Bad job, Humax.

| Mon 1 Aug 2016 20:48:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I have the Humax 4000T, I don't seem to have this problem with mine.
    I just switch the TV over to the HDMI input from the box,
    (example HDMI 1), then switch on the 4000T with the remote or from the unit itself.
    But beware sometime even when the unit is recording it can take up to 10 seconds to come on sometimes.
    Just press the power button ONCE and wait, if you press it again to soon you will turn it off again.
    Give it a good 30 seconds before trying again, if this don't work then you my have a fault in the software.

Hope this helps.

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 12:53:00 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

And it has to be a QUICK press too, as if you hold it down for even a second it will switch on then off again.

I've had mine since December and it's no pipe dream for me, I can watch one programme while recording up to four others, so apart from a few operational niggles I'd say good job, Humax.

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 13:07:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Search or browse the forum for many posts - this one is pretty comprehensive Failure to turn on when timer recording

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 13:51:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

Lucky you, Stephenesque. I've been through all the remedies suggested in the above posts but my box simply won't switch on while recording. It was an issue that had been mentioned in a number of reviews on Amazon - I wish I'd given them more weight and bought a different box.

It's a shame because apart from that quite ridiculous problem (come on, Humax, you can do better than that) and the occasional glitch like the box suddenly deciding to switch itself on for no reason, or switch itself off in the middle of a recording (happily not frequent faults) it's a nice piece of kit. I'll certainly pay more attention to the negative reviews when the time comes to replace this box though.

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 16:01:49 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Do you see the difference in brilliance, slightly brighter, of the red led when switching on?

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 16:20:00 #9 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

patsycola - 1 day ago  » 
    I've been through all the remedies suggested in the above posts but my box simply won't switch on while recording.

If this is the case, then the simplest workaround would be to set the timer so that the box switches itself on 30 minutes before the first recording is due.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 17:13:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.