My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Won't switch on while recording

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

I emailed Humax and this time they sent me detailed instructions on how to reset the box and start from scratch (this resulting in an automatic check for software updates). I followed the instructions to the letter and set the timer to record a programme. I tried to switch the box on during recording and... ta-da! Success at last. I hope it wasn't a one off and that the problem is now resolved. Thanks to everyone who's tried to help me with this.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 14:58:04 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 2 days ago  » 
    And it has to be a QUICK press too, as if you hold it down for even a second it will switch on then off again.
    I've had mine since December and it's no pipe dream for me, I can watch one programme while recording up to four others, so apart from a few operational niggles I'd say good job, Humax.

I don't have a 4000T so can't try this out. All the other Humax boxes I have will boot if you press zero three times rather than the power toggle. This works because the box responds to a lcn entered on the remote. As lcn 000 does not exist other than booting the box it is otherwise ignored. This is a handy tip for programmeable remotes as it gives a discrete on function.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 15:35:54 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

The problem does appear to be intermittent.

It occasionally happens to me when I am recording a programme which started at 8pm, and I try to bring the Humax out of standby at about 8:20 or 8:25pm.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 17:06:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago I don't have a 4000T so can't try this out. All the other Humax boxes I have will boot if you press zero three times rather than the power toggle. This works because the box responds to a lcn entered on the remote. As lcn 000 does not exist other than booting the box it is otherwise ignored. This is a handy tip for programmeable remotes as it gives a discrete on function.

The HDR-FOX T2 boots with a single press of any key.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 18:43:31 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BB - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago I don't have a 4000T so can't try this out. All the other Humax boxes I have will boot if you press zero three times rather than the power toggle. This works because the box responds to a lcn entered on the remote. As lcn 000 does not exist other than booting the box it is otherwise ignored. This is a handy tip for programmeable remotes as it gives a discrete on function.

Some of the boxes (especially the Foxsat-HDR) can miss a single key, they never miss 3 in succession. I guess it depends on the interrupt priority given to servicing the remote.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 18:49:08 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BB - 17 minutes ago  » 

Just tried mine, only responds to numeric keys which fits with entering a channel number.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 19:02:27 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

This just happened this morning. I was recording a radio show and when I went to switch the receiver on nothing came up on the screen. I press the red power button, see the red led flash, so I know it receives the remote signal, but after waiting a while, nothing happens. I repeated this and all I got one time was hdmi1 appearing on the screen with incompatible signal also displayed. In the end I had to power off and on at the socket.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 12:07:51 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

Stephenesque - 2 days ago  » 
    And it has to be a QUICK press too, as if you hold it down for even a second it will switch on then off again.
    I've had mine since December and it's no pipe dream for me, I can watch one programme while recording up to four others, so apart from a few operational niggles I'd say good job, Humax.

I don't have a 4000T so can't try this out. All the other Humax boxes I have will boot if you press zero three times rather than the power toggle. This works because the box responds to a lcn entered on the remote. As lcn 000 does not exist other than booting the box it is otherwise ignored. This is a handy tip for programmeable remotes as it gives a discrete on function.

I've just tried this on my 4000t and it worked, now the next test will be, will this work when the box won't boot while recording. If it does you could be a genius! I'll keep you posted.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 15:03:58 #18 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Phil1 - 3 hours ago  » 
    This just happened this morning. I was recording a radio show and when I went to switch the receiver on nothing came up on the screen. I press the red power button, see the red led flash, so I know it receives the remote signal, but after waiting a while, nothing happens. I repeated this and all I got one time was hdmi1 appearing on the screen with incompatible signal also displayed. In the end I had to power off and on at the socket.

Did you try a standby cycle of the TV before turning off power to the FVP?

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 15:16:53 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Phil1

Yes I turned it off completely using the power switch at the side of the TV.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 15:45:21 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.