My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Youtube Playback Error

(45 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Thanks for the tip, Works a treat. No more frustration !

| Mon 21 Oct 2013 17:55:53 #41 |
  2. Davy

Davy

special member

I had same problem with YouTube on my new 1010S last night. I watched an episode of something then tried to watch others but none would start at all.
    Seems to be working ok today though....

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 20:37:50 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kanturner

Hi All, new member and new HDR-1000S owner here.

I have 2 issues with my new Humax: Firstly 60-70% of youtube videos that I try to play, re-start the box, no messages, no 'loading' issues, just a click from within and the box starts up from the intro screens again. The second thing is that I only get some of the media files stored on my servers shown in the media listing. To see them all I have to 'back' out of the list and re-select the folder, which then lists all of the files. Why might it be doing this?

All suggestions are much appreciated.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 10:46:43 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

kanturner - 50 minutes ago  » 
    ...The second thing is that I only get some of the media files stored on my servers shown in the media listing...

Yes, same here. Tried a number of times with different servers, Twonky on my NAS, Minim and TVersity on my XP-PRO PC. The Humax client does not work properly with any of them. Every connection produces a different count of music files, none of my AVI videos will play, and most JPEGs will not display.
    Eventually gave up, the client on the Humax is not up to scratch. I bought a small stand-alone media player for 80 Pounds, works perfectly with all my media.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 11:42:31 #44 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

kanturner - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi All, new member and new HDR-1000S owner here.
    I have 2 issues with my new Humax: Firstly 60-70% of youtube videos that I try to play, re-start the box, no messages, no 'loading' issues, just a click from within and the box starts up from the intro screens again. The second thing is that I only get some of the media files stored on my servers shown in the media listing. To see them all I have to 'back' out of the list and re-select the folder, which then lists all of the files. Why might it be doing this?
    All suggestions are much appreciated.

The only thing you could try with YouTube is a factory reset of the box. This used to happen to mine, but touch wood since a couple if factory resets it's not happened recently.
    Humax have said they are aware of some YouTube issues and are working with YouTube to resolve them.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 13:36:34 #45 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.