My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pigolato

Just to throw something into the mix - YouTube is still working on my Humax H3 Espresso box !!?? So if some Humax certificate has expired, it's not affecting the H3.

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 10:10:35 #72 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clintthepidge

I've got a Humax FVP-4000T, also having issues with YouTube not working and emailed Humax, got this reply from their customer service team (email went into Spam folder):

"Good Afternoon.

Thank you for contacting Humax. I'm sorry to hear you have been affected by this issue and apologise for the delayed response as we are experiencing higher than normal contacts.

We are investigating an outage on Youtube. This has been caused when Youtube completed software updates on the application and has caused this unforeseen error. We are waiting on their findings and once we have these we will take corrective action alongside them to restore the service.

I can only apologise for these outages and any inconvenience caused by them.

Kind regards.

Chris
    Humax Customer Support Team."

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon but at least it's being looked into.

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 12:29:55 #73 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve99

I am experiencing the same YouTube issue with my FVP4000T box, unable to log on at all to utube. I've reported it to Humax only to be told if enough people complain, then they will look into it?? Its definitely a a humax issue as all my other devices in the house still receive utube OK. Hopefully everyone with this problem will raise an official complaint/fault report to Humax customer care so they will feel more inclined to deal with the issue.

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 18:06:06 #74 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

Steve99 - 28 mins ago  » 
    I am experiencing the same YouTube issue with my FVP4000T box, unable to log on at all to utube. I've reported it to Humax only to be told if enough people complain, then they will look into it?? Its definitely a a humax issue as all my other devices in the house still receive utube OK. Hopefully everyone with this problem will raise an official complaint/fault report to Humax customer care so they will feel more inclined to deal with the issue.

You may have missed my post the other day. Youtube has also stopped working on my Toshiba connected TV and my ISP's media box as well as my Humax HB-1100S, which is not on Humax's list of boxes that no longer support it.

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 18:37:15 #75 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Smiley

If YouTube is like Applke and a "new" operating system is installed so that all the older machines become redundant...
    Great for sales tho.'.....

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 22:24:16 #76 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyyork

Just want to add one more voice to the lack of functionality of YouTube on my FVP4000T box.
    Do Humax look at this forum - or do we have to grumble to them directly somewhere?

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 19:39:41 #77 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

andyyork - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just want to add one more voice to the lack of functionality of YouTube on my FVP4000T box.
    Do Humax look at this forum - or do we have to grumble to them directly somewhere?

I've had an email back from Humax. They even asked me to let them know if it starts working again. So it doesn't look as though they monitor this forum, or even keep their eye on the ball.

Here is the text of their email

"Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

We are currently aware of an issue most of our customers are having in accessing the Youtube app on our boxes. Youtube are investigating the issue and we hope will restore the service sooner rather than later once the have identified what needs to be done to correct it. At this stage there is nothing that you will need to do other than occasionally trying the app to see if it works and if you could please advise us to any changes in regards to the situation.

As I said Youtube are working on the issue and will hopefully have the service restored for everyone soon."

Their email for you to have a moan is
    uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 22:25:47 #78 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

andyyork - 4 hours ago  » 

I doubt that Humax look at this forum these days so you need to complain to them directly.

| Fri 16 Oct 2020 0:00:20 #79 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Same problem with my 1100S box. Very frustrating, yes I can use a tablet to stream either directly to tv or via the Humax box, but I paid good money for my Humax Freesat & I am not forking more money for a new box, which is actually worse design. I love my 1100S, it does what I want it to do. Please Youtube fix problem asap. I have messaged Freesat yesterday. Hopefully they will reply to me + chase up matter for all users. John

| Fri 16 Oct 2020 19:00:02 #80 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marty788

Youtube stopped working on both my Humax boxes, HDR1000S and FVP4000T. Getting the same as others have reported with the grey screenfull of screens.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 13:05:56 #81 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.