My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Youtube Issues

(634 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

65suek

I have just spoken to Humax and the problem is with YouTube who are aware of it and trying to fix it. I hope this helps. A factory re-set or retune will have no effect.

| Mon 12 Oct 2020 12:59:01 #62 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

I think Kevin post #60 could be closer to the mark.
    I contacted Humax on Thursday, I had found it intermittent until then and didn’t visit here first.

YouTube is working on countless other devices so whilst the blame may be put on YouTube, who’s not to say this was not a planned change their end or a certificate expiry, and while they most likely have notified Humax, they could have missed it or forgotten or not implemented correctly.

In any case that part isn’t important to us, I’ve realised how much I use it and what a pain it is with it not working, so just hope it is rectified pretty quick.

| Mon 12 Oct 2020 20:02:03 #63 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phowson

Our FVP-5000T working with iPlayer since Saturday and the other apps but not with YouTube still. iPlayer showed another update recently but FVP-5000T software still from June and no update is pending. Removing cookies appears to make no difference.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:43:01 #64 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Humax tweeted that they were aware of the problem and have now introduced a temporary fix, which surprise surprise is not working, well not for me anyway. Thank goodness for Apple TV

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 13:38:49 #65 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 
    Humax tweeted that they were aware of the problem and have now introduced a temporary fix, which surprise surprise is not working, well not for me anyway. Thank goodness for Apple TV

Maybe that tweet was about iPlayer by mistake.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 15:22:24 #66 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

I've checked the other gadgets around the house and there is definitely something weird going on with Youtube.
    As well as not working on my Humax HB-1100S (reroutes to a screen of empty grey boxes). it's also not working on my Toshiba "smart" TV (it gets stuck on the Youtube logo) and it's been removed from my ISP's media box. However, it's still present and correct on the Xiaomi Mi-TV stick.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 16:53:32 #67 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AJ - 22 hours ago  » 
    I think Kevin post #60 could be closer to the mark.
    I contacted Humax on Thursday, I had found it intermittent until then and didn’t visit here first.
    YouTube is working on countless other devices so whilst the blame may be put on YouTube, who’s not to say this was not a planned change their end or a certificate expiry, and while they most likely have notified Humax, they could have missed it or forgotten or not implemented correctly.
    In any case that part isn’t important to us, I’ve realised how much I use it and what a pain it is with it not working, so just hope it is rectified pretty quick.

Working on my Windows 10 laptop which has HDMI out so can be plugged in to my Denon AVR aux front HDMi in.

Also works fine using a 4K firestick connected into one of the rear hdmi ports. Both AVR and TV are 4K-HDR capable. zone 2 out connects by a cat 7 pair of baluns and a single cable to Full-HD kitchen TV. So different source can be viewed in kitchen and lounge at the same time.

4K firestick currently on offer at Amazon (prime day) at £29.99.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 18:18:48 #68 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndonp

I noticed it wasn't working yesterday. Switched off at mains a couple of times and then found this thread. I have now installed YouTube on my Amazon Fire TV box and it is actually so much better than that on my FVP-5000T. So fast. Will probably use that from now on even when fixed.

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 18:25:13 #69 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

lyndonp - 1 hour ago  » 
    I noticed it wasn't working yesterday. Switched off at mains a couple of times and then found this thread. I have now installed YouTube on my Amazon Fire TV box and it is actually so much better than that on my FVP-5000T. So fast. Will probably use that from now on even when fixed.

I wonder how many others already have kit that both supports YouTube and iplayer and the other OD services, and do not realise it. ?

| Tue 13 Oct 2020 19:32:05 #70 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

HDR-1000S YouTube still not working as of now.

| Wed 14 Oct 2020 0:03:39 #71 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.