My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

zero minute failed fake recordings

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

In the last few months there have been instances of items in the recorded section showing; channel; time of recording; duration nil hours and minutes.

The supposed time is fictitious, as I find that I would not have recorded that channel a that date and time, confirming by reference to listings retrospectively.

Anyone have a clue as to why this happens?

| Tue 20 Aug 2019 22:37:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Graham, your reply appears to be for the old Foxsat. Have I posted in the wrong sub forum? That's embarrassing! My equipment is an 1100S. Would all the suggestions in the linked thread apply?

Apologies for my blunder.

Admin edit: moved to 1100S folder

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 19:12:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 18 mins ago  » 
    Graham, your reply appears to be for the old Foxsat. Have I posted in the wrong sub forum? That's embarrassing! My equipment is an 1100S. Would all the suggestions in the linked thread apply?
    Apologies for my blunder.

No I can't say I have ever experienced this on a second generation box like your HDR-1100S.

It could be a issue with your dish alignment or the coax cabling. Perhaps water ingress into the coax cabling.

Post the affected channels and the signal diagnostics when tuned to that channel Signal strength and quality. It could be a dish alignment
    issue or perhaps water ingress into the coax cabling at the lnb end.

More info is needed to even get any idea what the issue might be.

| Wed 21 Aug 2019 19:48:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Graham, I'm embarrassed to say I can't find how to show strength and quality of individual channels. The result from settings for both LNBs is at max for both strength and quality.

As for the dish and cabling, the dish was repositioned amd renewed with fresh cabling in late MAY 2017, because of very close trees. The installer is local and of good repute.

| Fri 23 Aug 2019 17:09:37 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 9 mins ago  » 
    Graham, I'm embarrassed to say I can't find how to show strength and quality of individual channels. The result from settings for both LNBs is at max for both strength and quality.
    As for the dish and cabling, the dish was repositioned amd renewed with fresh cabling in late MAY 2017, because of very close trees. The installer is local and of good repute.

When you are tuned to watch a live channel then the signal diagnostics show the the reception signal strength and quality for the transponder that carries the the channel you are watching. tuning to any other channel on the same transponder will give identical results. That's because there is only 1 carrier frequency. All the channels on the same transponder use the same carrier. The carrier is analogue, the data has multiple digital channels multiplexed on the same carrier.

To check all transponders you would need to try one channel from each transponder.

You can find this information from the download links on this thread.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

You will likely find some that do not show 100% signal. That's likely because they are transmitted on Europe wide beam transponders rather than the UK spot ones. Because the beam covers a wider area it has lower field strength than a uk spot. Think of it like a torch you can focus. Smaller spot the brighter it is. Zoom so that the beam covers a wider area it becomes dimmer.

Before digital one carrier had one single channel. Digital allows a single carrier to transmit multiple channels.

| Fri 23 Aug 2019 17:26:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Graham, I get that, but with another year added to my anno domine count not long ago, I do not understand how I get to see the quality and strength of a particular transponder with the 1100S. I've hunted everywhere, bur clearly not where I need.

| Sat 24 Aug 2019 12:42:47 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

From memory - Settings - System (might be info rather than system) - Signal

| Sat 24 Aug 2019 12:50:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Thanks, REPASSAC, but that is the one I alluded to in post #4. There you cannot change the outputting channel and thus transponder's info.
    Graham's post seemed to say I had to get individual transponder readings.

Could it be that those are only reachable from a special secret menu? I have no clue how to reach that, if indeed it does exist.

| Sat 24 Aug 2019 15:25:53 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 3 mins ago  » 
    Thanks, REPASSAC, but that is the one I alluded to in post #4. There you cannot change the outputting channel and thus transponder's info.
    Graham's post seemed to say I had to get individual transponder readings.
    Could it be that those are only reachable from a special secret menu? I have no clue how to reach that, if indeed it does exist.

You change to a channel you want to check before opening the signal diagnostics.

eg to check transponder 10714 H you would view any these channels

104 Channel 4 10714 H
    122 E4 + 1 10714 H
    125 More4 + 1 10714 H
    300 Film4 10714 H
    974 Channel 4 10714 H

This information is from the Foxsat static Excel file downloadable from the thread I linked to.

Next transponder is 10773 H

173 BBC Four 10773 H
    110 BBC Four 10773 H
    608 Cbeebies 10773 H
    949 BBC Two HD 10773 H
    950 BBC One Lon 10773 H
    951 BBC One CI 10773 H
    954 BBC One East W 10773 H
    965 BBC One West 10773 H
    968 BBC Two Eng 10773 H
    981 BBC RB 1 10773 H

If you haven't got excel download the Web format file and save it. Use your web browser file open to view it or save it on your desktop and use the left mouse button to drag it onto your desktop browser icon,

https://www.adrive.com/public/t3jBkt/FoxsatStaticMK2_011.htm

| Sat 24 Aug 2019 15:33:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.