My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote not operating any functions

(40 posts)
  1. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Have left the box switched on at the mains for 5 days now in the hope that the problem would be resolved. No such luck. Just powered it on and, guess what, it is totally unresponsive to the remote - yet again. This is definitely a serious system problem that Humax needs to address asap.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 15:13:03 #11 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Robin Hood - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Have left the box switched on at the mains for 5 days now in the hope that the problem would be resolved. No such luck. Just powered it on and, guess what, it is totally unresponsive to the remote - yet again. This is definitely a serious system problem that Humax needs to address asap.

Have you thought the problem might just be with your unit seeing as it's not something that seems to be a widespread issue?

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 15:27:31 #12 |
  3. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Yes. That is why I returned the first box for a replacement. This second box is no better.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 15:40:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Robin Hood - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Yes. That is why I returned the first box for a replacement. This second box is no better.

They did replace the remote as well as the box?

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 16:03:44 #14 |
  5. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Yes. Replaced everything. My first action was to try using another (programmable) remote, but that was no good either. All the remotes worked the TV, but both the Humax boxes just froze (intermittently) after boot up. While it pains me to say it, my previous Sky box worked seamlessly for years.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 16:21:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I would ask Humax to replace it again. If they agree, and the third box exhibits the same behaviour, it surely must be something in the environment.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 16:43:53 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did you change the codeset? I ask because units have, on occasions reverted back to the default set.
    Also did you try the standby and volume keys - these seem to be priority serviced by the application and may indicate that is busy with a priority task, if so try leaving it for 15mins.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 17:12:38 #17 |
  8. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

If I have to replace it yet again, I would probably prefer to demand my money back and go elsewhere! However, I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the hdmi selection. I regularly switch between an AppleTV and a NowTV box and perhaps the Humax box gets itself confused somehow. I have just rebooted it (after an hour disconnected from the mains) and its working perfectly again - for the time being.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 17:18:29 #18 |
  9. Robin Hood

Robin Hood

In response to Repassac, not sure what you mean by changing the codeset. Once it starts playing up, continually pressing a key, say Esc, eventually reacts, but everything is extremely slow. My solution has been to unplug, but I will wait next time to see if it corrects itself. However, this is not a satisfactory solution.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 17:34:10 #19 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Robin Hood - 1 hour ago  » 
    In response to Repassac, not sure what you mean by changing the codeset. Once it starts playing up, continually pressing a key, say Esc, eventually reacts, but everything is extremely slow. My solution has been to unplug, but I will wait next time to see if it corrects itself. However, this is not a satisfactory solution.

Re change codeset - if you don't know what I mean then you did not.
    Not sure what you mean by Esc (presume Exit or back).
    My thought is that there may be an automatic repair process in progress. No idea if I am correct, but I do know that unplugging a PVR (and a PC) while it is writing to disk, is not a good idea if it can be avoided.

Should I be correct, then it may settle down when it has completed.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 19:02:37 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.