My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. G0wex

G0wex

Just discovered something interesting. I still have the same issues as everyone else regarding On Demand and Showcase (ie I need to be connected to broadband, which I am), but if I use the FreeSat app on my iPad I can access and watch both these services.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 16:43:43 #281 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

tonegee - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Yes I have tried to connect automatically from the system settings but no joy. I turn my box of at the mains every night so my box gets a fresh reboot every day and has done for the past 18 months.

Did you lose the Showcase / On Demand functionality overnight? Was it working one day and broken the next day?

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 16:54:36 #282 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

G0wex.
    Which unit? Age, Router brand/model please?
    When did you pair app to unit?
    Can you access channel 901?

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 16:56:03 #283 |
  4. G0wex

G0wex

REPASSAC - 6 minutes ago  » 
    G0wex.
    Which unit? Age, Router brand/model please?
    When did you pair app to unit?
    Can you access channel 901?

I've got the Humax HDR-1000s wich I've had for about 2 weeks so I've had this issue from day one, using a BT HomeHub 3 router with a WiFi dongle, I haven't been able to pair my unit to the app as I can't get the ID from my Humax box so was quite surprised when I selected a program on the app and it changed to that program on the TV, it all works from the app, channels Showcase and On Demand ( I presume that as they are both on the same network they are communicating with each other). And yes accessing channel 901 BBC iplayer works fine.
    Hope that helps

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 17:15:37 #284 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ALancashirelad

G0wex thanks for the heads up on the freesat app, The Android version is fully functional as well.
    Cheers
    Geoff

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 18:07:59 #285 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

...it all works from the app, channels Showcase and On Demand ( I presume that as they are both on the same network they are communicating with each other

Yes. The app searches your network for a Freesat device, and if it finds one it lets you control the Freesat device in a limited kind of way. It's the app that's presenting the Showcase thumbnails, not the 1000S.

I hadn't bothered to update the app, as I seldom use it, and when I ran it just now, the Showcase items were somewhat different from those on my 1000S, and some thumbnails were missing. I updated the app and ran it again, and hey presto, Showcase was now the same as on the 1000S. I take this to mean that the updated app was now accessing the same URL as the 1000S.

I don't think the fact that affected boxes can access Showcase and On Demand with the app is surprising. But I stand to be corrected if I've got it wrong.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 18:08:03 #286 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - agree with you (last paragraph). I rather think of the problem as a G2 connected flag which should be set, has logic to be set but on some (mostly) new units is not set (might be wrong of course).

On a forum such as, circumstances dictate that people with problems frequently post, those without problems, especially with new units, post rarely.

Does anyone with this problem know someone with a working unit? A real interesting test would be to transport a non working unit to a known working environment for a few hours. Suggest selecting Channel BBC1 HD (A previous suggestion from Barry), Reselect a network automatic connection and then try Showcase/On demand.

Post results and retry at home, post results (full environment details would be interesting)..

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 19:13:46 #287 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonykitson

Amazing development, just tried on demand and I get a screen with options to chose iplayer, itvplayer etc. No longer do I get the on demand not available banner.

However selecting one of the options doesn't actually seem to do anything.

Please,please don't anyone suggest another factory reset. I think I will wait for someone else to report that it works.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 19:54:37 #288 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonykitson

Oh dear! The improvement which gave me the on demand page but no options from it working seems to have been bought at some cost. I now no longer have 901. Such is progress!!

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 20:23:45 #289 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonykitson

Wow!!

I can also get the 'earlier' facility to show a selection of earlier programs, however on selecting one of them I again get iplayer failing to work.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 20:41:55 #290 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.