My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Oh bugger I've still got issues with my older box .
    Box has been on since around 5pm this evening and remained on the same channel. At just before 8pm we thought we'd watch Eastenders which we though was recording which turned out to have not. Looking in planned it was at the bottom with today's date.
    On pressing the Home button I noticed that the Now & Next was Blank as was the EPG, I then scrolled to Showcase and that was inaccessible too.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 20:44:32 #291 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tonykitson - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Wow!!
    I can also get the 'earlier' facility to show a selection of earlier programs, however on selecting one of them I again get iplayer failing to work.

Suggest you reset your router and reboot your unit.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 20:50:53 #292 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

-gonzo- - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Box has been on since around 5pm this evening and remained on the same channel. At just before 8pm we thought we'd watch Eastenders which we though was recording which turned out to have not.
    On pressing the Home button I noticed that the Now & Next was Blank as was the EPG, I then scrolled to Showcase and that was inaccessible too.

Signal levels?

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 20:52:18 #293 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

REPASSAC - 1 minute ago  » 

-gonzo- - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Box has been on since around 5pm this evening and remained on the same channel. At just before 8pm we thought we'd watch Eastenders which we though was recording which turned out to have not.

Signal levels?

This is really weird, I turned the box off and on again which brought back Showcase,Now & Next and the EPG, but also the Eastenders recording that wasn't there has now appeared at the top of my recordings list.
    Signal levels are fine.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 20:59:56 #294 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

@gonzo "but also the Eastenders recording that wasn't there has now appeared at the top of my recordings list."

My box does that all the time, before the update too. First time I noticed it was when we came to watch the last Jamaica Inn but we couldn't as it wasn't in the recordings list. The next day it turned up

It's done it a few times since too, Finding Nemo (recorded ages ago) also disappeared, a reboot brought it back and after the reboot I had gained 3 extra recordings. I have the same 2Tb drive as Graham & R.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 21:25:37 #295 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

teach

i have read through all of the posts and replies to the problems of on demand and showcase. i bought my box on the 1/10/2014 it worked fine until i updated the software. now i have the boxes for on demand but they are blank. i have paired my phone and can now get on demand through this but i dont really want to use the box this way. I have emailed humax and as yet i have had no reply. My other problem is with itv player i get to the first adverts and then it throws me off saying there is an error... is this happening to anyone else?

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 17:22:45 #296 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

teach - 33 minutes ago  » 
    i have read through all of the posts and replies to the problems of on demand and showcase. i bought my box on the 1/10/2014 it worked fine until i updated the software. now i have the boxes for on demand but they are blank. i have paired my phone and can now get on demand through this but i dont really want to use the box this way. I have emailed humax and as yet i have had no reply. My other problem is with itv player i get to the first adverts and then it throws me off saying there is an error... is this happening to anyone else?

Three options - wait for a fix, return it for a replacement, or return it for a refund (depending on retailer's returns policy).

I often have problems with ITV player, on various devices. I always suspect ITV first.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 17:58:52 #297 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonykitson

Has no-one else hit gold yet??

After two weeks of disappointment I now seem to have fully operational on demand and showcase. After all my sarcastic remarks I have to admit that the On Demand was well worth waiting for.

I had read reports of how good humax was and when I finally stumped up the cash and made the plunge two weeks ago I was so disappointed. Now it seems that it was all worthwhile. Bye bye Sky.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 19:07:19 #298 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tonykitson - 43 seconds ago  » 
    Has no-one else hit gold yet??
    After two weeks of disappointment I now seem to have fully operational on demand and showcase. After all my sarcastic remarks I have to admit that the On Demand was well worth waiting for.
    I had read reports of how good humax was and when I finally stumped up the cash and made the plunge two weeks ago I was so disappointed. Now it seems that it was all worthwhile. Bye bye Sky.

Did you have to do a reset or did it just start working ?

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 19:08:40 #299 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonykitson

I happened to have an electrician in today who turned off all the power and turned on again. So yes i guess I did a reset.

Yesterday I had the on demand but no actual access to programmes, see my earlier post.

Thanks to all you guys who kept my spirits up (or at least above water) during the dark days.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 19:35:59 #300 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.