My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

h-man

JamesB - 3 minutes ago  » 
    rushycd - Try going into Network Settings and choose Connect Automatically. This worked (for now) for some of us.

yes that worked for me too.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 18:27:24 #581 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gelpack

Was Working , Is Working, Not working. Ha ha ha, this is so entertaining , at least it would be if it wasn't so very, very irritating.

This was never an issue before that software release, so perhaps they should push out the previous release and give us working boxes once again until they are sure that they have fixed it.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:20:51 #582 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rushycd

JamesB thanks, i've tried that a few times, On demand says not available, or I need to connect to the internet, but when I go into settings, I am already connected.

I've soft botted several times and done a factory default reset twice.

I've emailed Humax, so hope to hear something in the week

Cheers

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:22:43 #583 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rushycd - 7 minutes ago  » 
    JamesB thanks, i've tried that a few times, On demand says not available, or I need to connect to the internet, but when I go into settings, I am already connected.
    I've soft botted several times and done a factory default reset twice.
    I've emailed Humax, so hope to hear something in the week
    Cheers

You would be better off telling freesat, who specify how freetime units should work and control some of the infrastructure which provides it.
    see http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/channels/fix-a-problem/showcase-od-issues

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:32:28 #584 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

gelpack

Update:

Now I can see the on demand selection of players but when I select one like BBC I Player, clicking select does not call it up.

I think we need to just wait and see what they come up with, they are obviously in a state of flux right now trying to resolve it, lets hope they manage it before too long.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:35:16 #585 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rushycd

REPASSAC, Thanks, I just tried going through setup again and no joy, will contact freesat tomorrow.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:35:50 #586 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Inge Jones

Freesat App on my phone worked when I tried it a few days ago. Now I can't get that working either - "Earlier" guide is just blank, and although searching for the show I wanted using search does find it, there is no option to play it.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:42:45 #587 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

This was never an issue before that software release, so perhaps they should push out the previous release and give us working boxes once again until they are sure that they have fixed it.
    Very unlikely that the previous firmware would work with the new Showcase.

I wonder if the Freetime Panasonic TVs are accessing the same Showcase servers.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:51:02 #588 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gelpack

Hi James

You are very likely to be right there. I was really thinking of putting it all back, I.E. remove showcase and reload original software until they correct the issues.

Basically it's all about change control. Change control should always have a roll-back position if things don't work out.

I have no doubt that they are working hard to resolve it, I was simply wondering if it were possible to return to the previous state really.

Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out in due course.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:55:53 #589 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

You are very likely to be right there. I was really thinking of putting it all back, I.E. remove showcase and reload original software until they correct the issues.
    Very unlikely to even be considered, I would think, given that most users aren't affected (except temporarily, as today).

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 20:20:12 #590 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.