My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

Using Network Settings to connect (followed by Exit then wait 5 mins) worked this time, can now get On Demand again.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 20:33:09 #591 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Same today as yesterday for me - no on-demand. Settings - network - re-connect and then on-demand as it should be.

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 8:30:10 #592 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rushycd

I checked this morning and the On Demand was up and running, everything is working as it should, thanks to all for input.

Cheers

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 9:45:42 #593 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Latest reply this morning!

Thank you for your email with regards to the On Demand issue you are still experiencing.

We have identified a number of issues which Freesat and Humax have been working on solving but we are dealing with both platform server and product software problems which are not instant fixes. We also need to make sure that the issues have all been resolved and that the service has been re-tested. We anticipate that this will take a couple of weeks but we are obviously working as hard as we can to reduce these timings.

We would recommend keeping up to date on the latest information regarding this issue via our website here.

If you have any other questions or queries then please feel free to get back in touch with us via phone, email or web chat available on http://www.freesat.co.uk/help and we would be more than happy to continue to assist you further.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 12:37:32 #594 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

Both Humax and Freesat have identified a problem.
    I have a 1000s and never had it working on demand yet

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/on-demand/humax/humax-issues

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 20:57:37 #595 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Quantum - 11 hours ago  » 
    Both Humax and Freesat have identified a problem.
    I have a 1000s and never had it working on demand yet
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/on-demand/humax/humax-issues

freesat had removed the link to the url you posted days ago - current information is at
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/channels/fix-a-problem/showcase-od-issues
    It would also appear that they have undone the last change to their information. (see this post of some of what it said)

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 9:06:09 #596 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Indeed. Is there a little spat going on between Freesat and Humax about what's wrong and who's to blame, I wonder.

Removing the quote marks around the word 'forget' doesn't help. Just makes it sound like they don't understand what happens inside their own box.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 9:30:20 #597 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

JamesB - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Indeed. Is there a little spat going on between Freesat and Humax about what's wrong and who's to blame, I wonder.
    Removing the quote marks around the word 'forget' doesn't help. Just makes it sound like they don't understand what happens inside their own box.

It certainly has the characteristics of the kind of response typical on the old official Freesat forum (now closed), where they would resolutely refuse to acknowledge a problem until the next s/w update emerged OTA to fix just that problem.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 9:39:55 #598 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It would appear that Quantum's link is also still active but pointed to from Help / On Demand / Humax. So if you want a slightly different spin on it.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 12:07:58 #599 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

badgerman

My HDR-1000s broke and has now been replaced its currently on version UKSFAA 2.00.13 and on demand is working?

Shall I leave the updating for now?

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 14:23:32 #600 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.