My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

badgerman - 12 minutes ago  » 
    My HDR-1000s broke and has now been replaced its currently on version UKSFAA 2.00.13 and on demand is working?
    Shall I leave the updating for now?

It should update itself automatically.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 14:36:39 #601 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

badgerman - most are not having any problems currently so up to you. I rather think it will update automatically anyway.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 14:37:11 #602 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

This is what nails it as a Freesat problem, rather than a Humax problem, I'd say. The software wasn't changed, the Freesat servers were changed, and lo, issue resolved for most of those reporting in this forum.

Not to say there might not be a Humax problem also, of course. The box really ought to keep trying for a connection, if it finds no router on bootup.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 14:50:17 #603 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My guess is that freesat specified that it should recheck at the start of every function. They would have needed to specify, in some detail, what interaction was to take place with their servers.

One check is really all that is needed, whenever the Ethernet port comes up. The check should be for WAN connectivity with clear error messages to indicate, for example, if unable to resolve a url or receive a WAN response.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 15:06:42 #604 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

REPASSAC - 9 minutes ago  » 
    My guess is that freesat specified that it should recheck at the start of every function. They would have needed to specify, in some detail, what interaction was to take place with their servers.
    One check is really all that is needed, whenever the Ethernet port comes up. The check should be for WAN connectivity with clear error messages to indicate, for example, if unable to resolve a url or receive a WAN response.

The behaviour does seem to have changed with the update (see Post #355). And Freesat's advice stresses that the network should be live before the box is booted - perhaps trying to rule out any inconsistent handling of the connection by the firmware.

Not a simple situation, I suppose.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 15:22:34 #605 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

badgerman

badgerman - most are not having any problems currently so up to you. I rather think it will update automatically anyway.

Ah does it check every day or something? I'll leave it and see what happens.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 15:45:46 #606 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - 29 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 9 minutes ago  » 

The behaviour does seem to have changed with the update (see Post #355). And Freesat's advice stresses that the network should be live before the box is booted - perhaps trying to rule out any inconsistent handling of the connection by the firmware.
    Not a simple situation, I suppose.

Can't be that difficult - the change of state of the port will be notified to the software as an interrupt - before the update it generated an on screen message and acquired an ip.

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 15:55:56 #607 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Anyone still having issues with On Demand, Showcase, and backward EPG?

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 15:04:43 #608 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Hi Unfortunately yes i am in the same position I was some weeks ago. I have followed all the resets etc and freesat info to no avail. My internet is up and running and I noted that if I pull out my LAN cable the box tells me I am disconnected but allows me to see the various on demand options without of course accessing them. When I reconnect the cable these options etc and showcase dissapear although the box tells me I am now connected. I can access bbc iplayer on ch. 901 but not on demand 4 or 5.
    I have given up and await a freesat fix as per my last email from them suggesting a 2 week wait !!!!

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 20:27:32 #609 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Check your Private Messages (PM's) please Eric.

| Mon 27 Oct 2014 22:13:50 #610 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.