My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Hello Peter, I based my reply on also having no access to 901 and 903, that you can now access 903 changes the situation.
    I am guessing that the 901 problem is a temporary problem in that I have seen the BBC were having some issues with their servers and for me the loading message is on for longer than I would expect but it does load.

Current advice from freesat remains the same:
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/channels/fix-a-problem/showcase-od-issues

I would suggest that even though settings does show a connection you retry and re-select connect automatically.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 9:58:00 #641 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

riggy69 - 27 minutes ago  » 

gonzo - No, my box has not updated automatically. The current software version is at 2.01.05 and after manually searching it says 2.02.01 is available. Have so far been reluctant to update in case I make my connectivity situation worse.

Catch 22 situation there, as from Freesats & Humax's point of view if the box isn't on the latest software version then they'd probably say that could be very well what the problem is.
    Personally I'd bite the bullet and update as worse case scenario is you have the same issue as you have now.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 10:08:31 #642 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickbox

As other people I also couldn't get 901 or even 903 - tried all the DNS and manual IP setting tweaks to no avail. Late last week all sprung back into life with no changes either on the network (still set to manual IP & OpenDNS) - and no change in software version.

Can only guess changes have been made at freesat's servers?

All the while iPlayer worked 100% on both laptop & LG TV.

Nick

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 10:14:29 #643 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Catch 22 situation there, as from Freesats & Humax's point of view if the box isn't on the latest software version then they'd probably say that could be very well what the problem is.
    Personally I'd bite the bullet and update as worse case scenario is you have the same issue as you have now.

It does sound as if the problems could come from the lack of update. The box won't be able to find the servers until the firmware has been updated. Worth bearing in mind that for most of us this update worked without a problem.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 10:19:35 #644 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For the avoidance of any doubt, have just downgraded a unit:

Using 2.01.05

On Demand via menu will not work.
    Showcase should display old version, and all will be 'no longer available'
    901 will only get to iplayer loading screen
    903 itv player should work.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 10:28:04 #645 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

OK - have just updated manually to 2.02.01. Even that was a problem - the box froze at 35% of the download, so had to power off and on again to try again. Worked the second time. Now everything seems to be OK - full access to FreeTime and both 901 and 903 working too. Thanks to all for your input and help!

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 11:05:57 #646 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffydumpling

Hi

This was the response I received from Jo at the Humax C/S team when I contacted them

"What I would suggest is doing a factory reset on your box, leaving the box on a normal channel (ie. BBC1) for an hour, and then putting your box on standby for 30 seconds, then turning it on again. We have been having issues with the Humax box and internet based services, but this procedure has proven to be effective in restoring full functionality of our Humax boxes."

Had to run it twice, but I now have a fully functioning Humax box...
    Hope this will help.

Philip

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 15:37:39 #647 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickbox

Had to run it twice, but I now have a fully functioning Humax box...
    Hope this will help.
    Philip

I had the same response from them - I tried it 3 times and gave up after it didn't work each time. Randomly after being away for a couple of days it started working.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 15:45:27 #648 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Hi to all

I can get bbc player thro channel 0901 but that's it! As per my previous posts I have tried all suggestions from Freesat and other members and the suggested fix fro Humax above but have had no success. Pretty pissed that basically I now have a box that does not live up to its marketing . At least I can record but no free time,no on demand,no showtime , no view earlier. But I alive that's positive!

| Wed 12 Nov 2014 9:20:35 #649 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rushycd

Hi All,

I had this problem foe a couple of days about 3 weeks ago, tried updating, but was already on the latest version, did a factory reset, but still no good, however the next day everything was working as it should be.

Just now, I was using on demand, everything was working, clicked on to ITV player, but it wouldn't load, when I pressed exit to come out, my on demand had dissapeaded again.

I'm having the same problems I was having 3 weeks ago and the same as people posting here are having.

My on demand says I am not connected, but when I go the settings, I am connected, I can get showcase and watch on demand from there, but have nothing on 901 or 903.

I don't think there is anything that I can do that will make it work, unless anyone has a foolproof method to fix, I guess I'll notify Freesat and Humax and hope it come back.

| Wed 12 Nov 2014 20:11:43 #650 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.