My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

OK so the replacement Humax box arrived today. Still no on-demand. It says it's not connected to Broadband. The ethernet cable is in lights are flashing on the back and I've tried the ethernet with a laptop and it's fine.

I'm using Bt Infinity 4 home hub. Does anyone know if there's a compatibilty issue?

Thanks
    John

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 19:01:10 #631 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MentalLentil

markhumax - 1 day ago  » 
    I rang humax support about on demand not working today. 6th November 2014
    tel 0345 313 0051 in uk on local call rate.
    They said it is not the box or wifi (or Ethernet if used)
    I have an hb-1000s but it relates to other boxes.
    It's something to do with compatibility with freesat on demand services which has arisen.
    He said there would be an update that would fix it and would be downloaded automatically.
    They didn't have a time for repair.

I think the best thing to do is just accept the limitations for now and hope they get on with a fix. You can spend ages trying to get it to work but nothing then it suddenly springs into life only for it to stop working a couple of days later - life is too short for the messing around. If it ever gets fixed then it will become a Freetime box again, at the moment it's a plain (though decent) freesat+ PVR.

| Sat 8 Nov 2014 15:07:47 #632 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gelpack

I found in the end that simply waiting does the trick. If you power on the box and expect On Demand instantly, In my case anyway, it never works.

If I wait a couple of minutes before trying it, it works fine first time, every time.

| Sat 8 Nov 2014 15:37:45 #633 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

gelpack. This certainly does not help me.

Can I just check. Do other people see "no broadband connected" error message?
    Could there be a compatibility problem or access issue through my BT home hub 4? Do I need to set something up rather than let it detect automatically?

| Sun 9 Nov 2014 22:38:11 #634 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Quantum - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Do other people see "no broadband connected" error message?
    Could there be a compatibility problem or access issue through my BT home hub 4? Do I need to set something up rather than let it detect automatically?

When I first start up the box I see the connect to broadband message on both On Demand and Showcase, but leave it for around 30secs and On Demand and Showcase are working fine for using BT Home Hub 5.

| Sun 9 Nov 2014 23:14:37 #635 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 

Quantum - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Do other people see "no broadband connected" error message?

When I first start up the box I see the connect to broadband message on both On Demand and Showcase, but leave it for around 30secs and On Demand and Showcase are working fine for using BT Home Hub 5.

Me too, though I have had one or two issues recently trying to get on-demand via the EPG i.e. freetime. If I go to the actual players I can access the same programme without issue. This is a recent problem and I don't think I'm on my own in experiencing this.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 0:32:04 #636 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

I am (again) having the same problem on my HDR1002/1010S. I have not carried out a software update since June and will not do so, now that I've seen in this thread the issues others have had afterwards. I have no FreeTime and no access on channels 901 and 903. When I try to go into FreeTime, I repeatedly get an on-screen message saying I must be connected to broadband. The machine is fully connected and this confirmed by the details in Network Info which gives the local IP address etc.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 0:37:06 #637 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The known intermittent problems with showcase and on-demand, that freesat have largely resolved, do not match your situation.
    Being unable to access 901 or 903 implies a network connectivity problem somewhere. From your description it appears your have LAN connectivity as you have acquired a IP address (I presume by DHCP from your router?).

You did not mention how the HDR-1000S/HDR-1010S (2 units?) are connected. I presume the HDR-1010S is WiFi?
    If you have a PC/Laptop in your network do these also use DHCP to acquire their IP addresses?
    Is your router the only router in the network?

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 7:47:52 #638 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

riggy69 - 8 hours ago  » 
    I am (again) having the same problem on my HDR1002/1010S. I have not carried out a software update since June and will not do so, now that I've seen in this thread the issues others have had afterwards. I have no FreeTime and no access on channels 901 and 903. When I try to go into FreeTime, I repeatedly get an on-screen message saying I must be connected to broadband. The machine is fully connected and this confirmed by the details in Network Info which gives the local IP address etc.

Your box should of updated automatically anyway, but if your saying your box doesn't have the latest software and you cannot receive OnDemand at the moment then I don't understand your reasoning as to not update to the latest.
    It's my understanding that without the latest software you won't have access to Showcase, couldn't say whether that applies to OnDemand also but it could be likely.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 9:18:27 #639 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

repassac - sorry my unit is the HDR-1000S. I only mentioned it as 1000S/1010S because that is how it is described in my system information. So, my HDR1000S is on a wired connection to my router and is obtaining its IP address via DHCP. All other devices (pc etc) are also connecting OK. This is what I am getting this morning. No Freetime access, just get the message to connect to broadband all the time. I have no BBC iPlayer access on 901 - its gets as far as "to start, press red" and then just freezes on "Loading". I do however have access to ITV player on channel 903, which is further proof that the box is connected OK.

gonzo - No, my box has not updated automatically. The current software version is at 2.01.05 and after manually searching it says 2.02.01 is available. Have so far been reluctant to update in case I make my connectivity situation worse.

| Mon 10 Nov 2014 9:35:15 #640 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.