My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickbox

Showcase and on-demand both showing as unavailable 100% of the time. Going into network settings works first time on automatic - but makes no difference to the showcase/on demand.

Using DHCP all network settings are ok - picking up router IP for DNS and gateway.

Have turned off DHCP on the router (which is a decent vigor router on a 78mbps up 20mbps FTTC connection with EntaNet - fixed static IPs) and set static IP, static gateway and openDNS DNS servers (both) to eliminate a DNS issue as people suggested.

When 901 doesn't work - we're not even getting the press red to start - just a black screen - but not sure whether that data comes over the net or over DVB-S?

Cheers

Nick

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 15:26:53 #621 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

IPlayer loads MHEG code on 901 which then loads the content over the network.

On your PC you use the DHCP assigned DNS? If so I would go back to using it. Using a far away DNS will just get slow responses.
    (Ping your ISP's DNS server and OpenDNS to see).

Which model router is it. They make quite a few.

| Mon 3 Nov 2014 17:00:40 #622 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rireed3

Banged away at this for nearly two weeks. My Internet connection supports iPlayer fine from my Android tablet. At _length_ I can get HB-1000S to load iPlayer on 901, after which iPlayer performs brilliantly. Freetime EPG is fine, not related (must pair), but haven't got iPlayer to work from Freetime. Since tablet loads iPlayer instantly, surely all the 'loading', blank screens, "you are not connected, oh sorry you are after all", On Demand can't see a connection used by 901 (eventually) are all Humax/Freesat software issues. Currently using OpenDNS, but same performance on my isp DNS. So far only connected to iPlayer in the morning.

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 9:31:44 #623 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickbox

REPASSAC - 17 hours ago  » 
    IPlayer loads MHEG code on 901 which then loads the content over the network.
    On your PC you use the DHCP assigned DNS? If so I would go back to using it. Using a far away DNS will just get slow responses.
    (Ping your ISP's DNS server and OpenDNS to see).
    Which model router is it. They make quite a few.

ISP's DNS is still set on the router, not changed that, so when the box gets IPs via DHCP will be using that.

It's a Vigor 2820n using the 2nd WAN connected to a BT FTTC modem. The 1st WAN isn't being used (ADSL). Until 2 weeks ago didn't have an issue - but my box is set to not power save so I guess the update might not have happened automatically so long ago.

Cheers!

Nick

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 10:33:56 #624 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Is it just BBC iPlayer that is giving you an issue?

BBC have been having loads of issues with iPlayer for days now, well documented. I can use iPlayer from my 1000s but not from Panasonic Smart TV. Lots of other Panasonic owners have been having same issue. Finally acknowledged by BBC.

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 17:31:06 #625 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

nickbox

No - all on demand and showcase... in fact iPlayer on 901 does work occasionally. Freesat have responded at last and said it's cause I haven't done a factory reset and left the box on a normal channel straight after for 1 hour... sounds a bit random! I have done the factory reset and watched ITV - does that count? LOL

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 17:36:20 #626 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billyboy

Same goes for me. No On Demand and no Showcase although both were working fine yesterday. Were both spasmodic on Monday, though.

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 12:09:10 #627 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

vgotts

Hi. New to this forum so if my issue has been resolved, apologies. I'm experiencing problems with itv player and specifically ad breaks. New HB-1000S purchased a couple of weeks ago. Configured to BT Broadband router initially automatically and later using static IP and alternative DNS settings to try and resolve the issue. Software updated to latest version at first install. Showcase and other On Demand seem to be working properly. Upon itv player playback, once program gets to ad break will play one advert and then report an error 50070. Upon exit to start again, the same thing happens. Approached Humax who said it was an ITV player issue. Approached ITV player who said it was a software update issue - but I believe the s/w is up to date! Have tride factory reset also but to no avail. Any ideas / comments gratefully received! Thanks. Vince

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 18:06:51 #628 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

markhumax

I rang humax support about on demand not working today. 6th November 2014
    tel 0345 313 0051 in uk on local call rate.
    They said it is not the box or wifi (or Ethernet if used)
    I have an hb-1000s but it relates to other boxes.
    It's something to do with compatibility with freesat on demand services which has arisen.
    He said there would be an update that would fix it and would be downloaded automatically.
    They didn't have a time for repair.

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 19:15:54 #629 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Quantum - please check PM's

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 22:59:26 #630 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.