My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rushycd - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Hi All,
    I had this problem foe a couple of days about 3 weeks ago, tried updating, but was already on the latest version, did a factory reset, but still no good, however the next day everything was working as it should be.
    Just now, I was using on demand, everything was working, clicked on to ITV player, but it wouldn't load, when I pressed exit to come out, my on demand had dissapeaded again.
    I'm having the same problems I was having 3 weeks ago and the same as people posting here are having.
    My on demand says I am not connected, but when I go the settings, I am connected, I can get showcase and watch on demand from there, but have nothing on 901 or 903.
    I don't think there is anything that I can do that will make it work, unless anyone has a foolproof method to fix, I guess I'll notify Freesat and Humax and hope it come back.

Current advice from freesat is:
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/channels/fix-a-problem/showcase-od-issues

| Wed 12 Nov 2014 20:33:17 #651 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rushycd

PEPASSAC, thanks for the link, I just tried on demand again and everything is back up and running, the problem started when I tried to use ITV player, it usually takes about 20 seconds to load and is slow compared to the other on demand channels. On this occasion, ITV player wouldn't load and it was when I went out of it the issue happened with on demand becoming unavailable.

| Wed 12 Nov 2014 21:03:38 #652 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Inge Jones

Still nothing for me. What a waste of money this box has turned out to be, given that I chose it particularly for this feature.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 16:22:43 #653 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Uunfortunatelythesame here. Hoping that the tech geeks extract the digit and get this up and running.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 18:06:19 #654 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I assume both of you can access IPlayer via channel 901 and you have tried freesats advice? (link at the foot of #651)

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 18:09:01 #655 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gelpack

@Eric

May be sound like a dumb question, but have you tried simply waiting ?

I went through all the reset stuff as suggested with no luck, but as suggested on Free Sat that waiting for a couple of minutes after power on does the trick, whereas trying to access On Demand immediately after power on fails every time.

Power your box off, wait 30 seconds or so power on and wait 2 mins and try it again.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 18:19:01 #656 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

I'm having problems again - about a week after I thought they were sorted. I have access to FreeTime, but the latest date available is 11th November and nothing after that. 901 and 903 are both working and are showing the most recent schedule data. I have powered on and off, but it makes no difference.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 18:29:18 #657 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

Cancel that last one of mine - it's just gone back to normal again!! Reliability is obviously questionable though.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 18:38:00 #658 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Have tried all the combinations and have waited the two minutes etc and no luck! I can get the 901 channel iplayer but UTV have an embargo here so it player is not an option

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 20:10:28 #659 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

gelpack

I had my Humax for two years now and never had any problems with it until this upgrade a couple of months ago.

I think If I had just bought it and was experiencing all these issues, I would take it back to the shop, demand a refund and use the proceeds to purchase SKY instead.

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 20:14:24 #660 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.