My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

"Some checks, for example for new software, are part of it's boot cycle"[i]

If you follow the Humax Direct web site you may (well I did anyway) get the impression that as long as you leave a Humax Foxsat live and connected to the internet it will automatically pick up the software updates.

My impression is wrong so I am glad I mentioned it so it could be corrected - and it may help some of the others who suddenly lost On Demand.

Tony

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 10:11:37 #681 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Tony - you posted in A HDR-1000S thread not the Foxsat one. I failed to notice your mention of a Foxsat.
    The Foxsat is different is different from the HDR-1000S. If, and only if, a Foxsat in in standby at 03:00 GMT it will wake, download any new software, update it's channel list and frequency data, generate new thumbnails for recordings.

None of these items will be done if it is not in standby at 03:00 GMT. The update you received was released quite a long time ago.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 11:45:57 #682 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's No On Demand menu on a Foxsat, at a guess Tony has a freetime box.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 12:29:20 #683 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. Google brought me here when I said I had lost On Demand.

I'll look again at the standby mode. I stopped using it fairly soon after I got my first Humax Foxsat as it was doing something odd.

My wife is always the first person to watch tv in our home as she does some early morning exercises. I wonder if the problem was that she needed to wake up the Humax and, having forgotten, then concluded that the plasma tv was 'broken;.

Tony

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 12:34:07 #684 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

Graham,

It is the Freesat+ with Freetime HD Digital TV

Model 91-00336

Tony

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 12:37:28 #685 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tonygamble - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Graham,
    It is the Freesat+ with Freetime HD Digital TV
    Model 91-00336
    Tony

In that case you are in the correct thread. The freetime boxes are called HDR1000S (Black), HDR1010S(White) and the single tuner HB1000S (requires an external usb disk to record).

The older boxes are Foxsat-HD (non recording) and Foxsat-HDR. The confusion is that iplayer and itv -player are also available on the same freesat channel numbers on these boxes.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 12:45:22 #686 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tonygamble - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. Google brought me here when I said I had lost On Demand.
    I'll look again at the standby mode. I stopped using it fairly soon after I got my first Humax Foxsat as it was doing something odd.
    My wife is always the first person to watch tv in our home as she does some early morning exercises. I wonder if the problem was that she needed to wake up the Humax and, having forgotten, then concluded that the plasma tv was 'broken;.
    Tony

Putting it in standby will also save you in the region of £20 p.a. The HDR-10x0S units use < 0.5 watt in this mode.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 14:00:28 #687 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheway

Hi - I have a similar issue to those mentioned in this thread. I bought an HDR-1000S about 10 days ago. Initially I had problems accessing On Demand and Showcase. Mostly following suggested fixes in this thread those were resolved. The outstanding problem is that I can't access Iplayer. All the other on demand functions work. I can't even get iplayer to work using channel 901. Whenever I try it I do get to an iplayer landing page then it says there has been a 'problem which is often temporary' and I get no further.

The new box replaced a Foxsat which worked fine for iplayer. I can access iplayer on computers so it's not a bandwidth problem.

Having checked the box is running software version 2.02.07 which I think is the latest.

Any ideas if this is a temporary problem or a permanent issue with the box itself?

Adam

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 19:11:13 #688 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you confirm Settings - System Information - Network Info has Connection Type DHCP and entries for the other parameters other than zeros ?

Also does 903 access ITV player ?

Have you got On Demand Icons from Home - On Demand ?

Have you got icons for Showcase from Home - Showcase ?

If you open the epg and type 108 and then go left into the catch up epg can you see programmes listed ?

901 currently fine for me so presumably it's not an iplayer server issue.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 19:21:07 #689 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheway

Hi Graham and thanks for your response.
    903 ITV player works fine
    Connection type is DHCP
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Primary DNS : same as above
    Secondary DNS - zeroes
    MAC address: 28:32:C5:AC:88:6F

When trying to get iplayer it gives a message "something went wrong displaying the program" with '01100' in the bottom right of the message box

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 19:40:30 #690 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.