My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MrSloth - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Well I've got the 2.02.07 update (bit odd though as update date says 4th November, not 19th).
    I can get to On Demand then launch iPlayer fine. Try to start watching a programme and screen just goes black and nothing. Tried several programmes. Same on ITV player except I get "a problem has occurred with the video service (50070)"
    So it's progress, but not quite working yet

The date is the date the update was created not the ota date.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 22:58:20 #671 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Can't believe it .After two months it's back.tech guys must have extracted the digit. Note to tech guys if it's working please don't fix it !

| Thu 20 Nov 2014 0:34:31 #672 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

REPASSAC - 4 days ago  » 

Quantum - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I've never been able to use 901 or 903

In that case:
    1. Has your unit acquired a IP address (System Info - Network).
    If not check DHCP is enabled on your router and the connection to the router is good. (Led lit on router and unit's network port).
    connectivity.
    2. If it has an IP, can you ping it from a PC
    This will show LAN connectivity, but not WAN connectivity.

Can you please tell me how to set up a BT homehub so that I can connect to my Humax? All this is gobledlegook to me and I need a step by step walk through. I am 50 years old, and struggling!

| Sat 22 Nov 2014 21:02:21 #673 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Quantum - 20 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 4 days ago  » 

Quantum - 15 minutes ago  » 
    I've never been able to use 901 or 903

In that case:
    1. Has your unit acquired a IP address (System Info - Network).
    If not check DHCP is enabled on your router and the connection to the router is good. (Led lit on router and unit's network port).
    connectivity.
    2. If it has an IP, can you ping it from a PC
    This will show LAN connectivity, but not WAN connectivity.

Can you please tell me how to set up a BT homehub so that I can connect to my Humax? All this is gobledlegook to me and I need a step by step walk through. I am 50 years old, and struggling!

I'm 70.

Starting from the basics. What have you done to connect your box to your router ?

On your box is a lan connector and a usb socket. Either can be used in different ways to make the connection.

The best way is to get a long enough cable to connect the lan socket to a unused socket on your router.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RJ45-Cat5e-2M-3M-5M-10M-15M-25M-30M-ETHERNET-NETWORK-LAN-Cable-Patch-Lead-Xbox-/221581783082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item33974db02a

if you cannot run a cable there are alternatives using wireless or using your house wiring.

The homehub should not need any setting up.

| Sat 22 Nov 2014 21:26:10 #674 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

connected by long ethernet to yellow ports on hub. Have tried pinging but results i don;t understand:
    Ping has started…

PING 192.0.2.100 (192.0.2.100): 56 data bytes
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
    Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

--- 192.0.2.100 ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Gateway and Primary DNS say they are 0.0.0.0

Does this make any sense?
    John

| Sat 22 Nov 2014 22:48:33 #675 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Quantum - 34 minutes ago  » 
    Gateway and Primary DNS say they are 0.0.0.0

Until they have sensible values you will get no where. What make and model is the router? Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

| Sat 22 Nov 2014 23:24:59 #676 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

Home hub 4. The cable works with my laptop.

| Sat 22 Nov 2014 23:39:52 #677 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

With the cable connected to one of the router yellow sockets and the Humax powered, do you see a small green or yellow LED on the network sockets at both ends of the cable?

If so, good. The next thing to try is resetting the router. you will need something like a paperclip to insert into the small hole on the back of the router. After the router has reset, put the Humax in standby and then turn it back on.

Now check the Humax's settings for System info - Network. You want to see an ip address and other settings with values other than zero. If they are still zero you will need to try to reset the Humax - Setting - system settings - factory default. (Make a note of your recording schedule as you will need to re-setup them up, but you will not loose your recordings).

Please post results.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 7:28:49 #678 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

FWIW I installed fibre broadband a month ago and started to use YouTube on my Foxsat Humax for the first time. You Tube on copper in SW6 is a joke!

The novelty wore off but last night I selected On Demand on my menu and was told it was not available.

However, I could access the catch up with channels 901 and 902.

Reading this thread made me look at the version of software I was/am running. My Foxsat is permanently on and online to the internet. I thought the software automatically updated. It seems not.

I did the update and now I have got back the use of the On Demand area of my menu - and YouTube, Curzon and all the other features are there.

Nothing new in this after the six hundred or so posts that precede me but I thought that, if like me, people tend to look at firstly Page One and then the Last Page it was worth a mention here.

Tony

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 8:23:53 #679 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

tonygamble - 1 hour ago  » 
    FWIW I installed fibre broadband a month ago and started to use YouTube on my Foxsat Humax for the first time. You Tube on copper in SW6 is a joke!
    The novelty wore off but last night I selected On Demand on my menu and was told it was not available.
    However, I could access the catch up with channels 901 and 902.
    Reading this thread made me look at the version of software I was/am running. My Foxsat is permanently on and online to the internet. I thought the software automatically updated. It seems not.
    I did the update and now I have got back the use of the On Demand area of my menu - and YouTube, Curzon and all the other features are there.
    Nothing new in this after the six hundred or so posts that precede me but I thought that, if like me, people tend to look at firstly Page One and then the Last Page it was worth a mention here.
    Tony

PVR's are designed to placed in standby when not in use.
    Some checks, for example for new software, are part of it's boot cycle.

| Sun 23 Nov 2014 9:40:42 #680 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.