My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nicjef

JamesB - 18 minutes ago  » 

Nicjef - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Just put the Ethernet cable from HDR1000s back into my HR Fox T2 and watched a You Tube video via Internet
    Replaced the cable in the HDR1000s and got the message need to connect to Broadband for On Demand and Unable to access Freesat ID yet have a "Great, you're connected" and IP address on the Network connect screen.

Since affected boxes (at least some of them) can access iPlayer on Channel 901, the problem is more likely to be that something's wrongly causing the logic around the Showcase and OnDemand menu paths to see the box as unconnected even though it is in fact connected.
    My guess.

Just used 901 and successfully got iPlayer so there is connectivity just the box cannot see it!

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:03:20 #61 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - 19 minutes ago  » 

Nicjef - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Just put the Ethernet cable from HDR1000s back into my HR Fox T2 and watched a You Tube video via Internet
    Replaced the cable in the HDR1000s and got the message need to connect to Broadband for On Demand and Unable to access Freesat ID yet have a "Great, you're connected" and IP address on the Network connect screen.

Since affected boxes (at least some of them) can access iPlayer on Channel 901, the problem is more likely to be that something's wrongly causing the logic around the Showcase and OnDemand menu paths to see the box as unconnected even though it is in fact connected.
    My guess.

Mine as well.
    I get the same response on showcase and on-demand if I remove my network connection but on replacing it all is fine.

A factory reset seems not to make any difference on a working unit either.

Has anyone with the problem (and knows how to do this properly) tried a manual IP address? To get the option turn off DHCP on your router, select connect automatically and wait.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:04:38 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Could it somehow be router make and model related, or possibly age of box ?
    No issues with mine with Showcase or OD.
    Box one of the first released (drive upgraded to 2TB WD AV unit). Router Mk 1 Virgin Superhub, 50Mbps speed. Direct cat 5 cabled to router.

I'm wondering if something in the update breaches an RFC, thus upsetting the router. And those of us who aren't having trouble just don't happen to have run into it. But I'm out of my depth.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:12:55 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eric

Have had this problem as others for last 5 days. I have tried all options but interestingly I downloaded a freesat app on to my nexus 7 which allows me to use on demand etc. but when I use my handset the on demand etc all show as currently not available. Yet it's obvious that the box is linked to broadband as it operates thro the nexus. It seems as though their is some conflict going on and after reading all the posts I am inclined to believe that Humax need to get a fix in place.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:55:18 #64 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Eric - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Have had this problem as others for last 5 days. I have tried all options but interestingly I downloaded a freesat app on to my nexus 7 which allows me to use on demand etc. but when I use my handset the on demand etc all show as currently not available. Yet it's obvious that the box is linked to broadband as it operates thro the nexus. It seems as though their is some conflict going on and after reading all the posts I am inclined to believe that Humax need to get a fix in place.

That's interesting, I have the app on my Android phone. It's not paired to my box. Showcase and TV Guide populates at home, the box remote control also works. I was also able to download Showcase and the TV guide at the pub last night using their free WiFi.

EDIT

Just installed app on my Nexus 7 Works OK on that as well.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 14:30:15 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Eric - 1 hour ago  » 

Lack of broadband is not the issue.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 14:58:40 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Acraw

I have this issue too, I can't access on demand or showcase, but I am able to get into iplayer on channel 901.

Is there any more update from Humax?

Thanks
    Alex

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 17:12:43 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sime

I've just e-mailed humax support.

I would suggest everyone else experiencing this problem does likewise:

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 17:42:54 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sime - 26 minutes ago  » 

Might be more effective to complain to Freesat, who are in a much better position to apply pressure to Humax for a fix.

Freesat might not be best pleased if it turns out significant numbers of users are unable to access Showcase or On Demand.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 18:12:34 #69 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - 11 minutes ago  » 

Sime - 26 minutes ago  » 

Might be more effective to complain to Freesat, who are in a much better position to apply pressure to Humax for a fix.
    Freesat might not be best pleased if it turns out significant numbers of users are unable to access Showcase or On Demand.

I think they should be the ones to complain to anyway. For both Humax freetime PVR's and Panasonic TV's with freesat.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/contact

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 18:28:19 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.