My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost recordings - format Harddrive

(68 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Richer Sounds do not have any replacement 1TBs as they're still awaiting a delivery of an order of 650 from Humax, but they did not know when.
    I decided I couldn't wait around for an unknown date so got a £40 refund and getting a 500GB as a swap which it coming tomorrow.

| Mon 4 Feb 2013 13:47:59 #31 |
  2. fixerman

fixerman

Me also! On Thursday last when I tried to watch a recording I got the message " You don't have any recordings at the moment". When I checked the Storage on the hard drive I got "undefined" and it will not allow a format. Now it will only boot up if I switch off and on at the mains.

Very disappointed as I have been a longtime customer of Humax and have several of their products, all without any issues. I cannot help but think that something has gone horribly wrong with this PVR

A replacement is on its way from Humax but I wonder if I should have looked for a refund as I have lost my confidence in this box and will be very reluctant to trust it with any "must see" recordings.

| Sun 10 Feb 2013 12:28:44 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Binary_Ssleuth

I am really annoyed. This is the second time this error has happened to me now!

Last night I went to watch one of my recordings, but instead of listing all my recorded programmes the box said that I didn't have anything recorded - despite the box also showing that the hard disc was 99% full. NOTE: Yesterday morning my disc was less than half full.

I switched the box off at the mains, and when it booted up again it came up the the "Format Harddrive" error message again.

I am seriously annoyed that this box has again lost ALL my recording for a second time. Could there be any co-incidence that both occasions have been on 10 January and 10 February???

I'm having to set up simultaneous recordings on a freeview PVR at the moment becasue I just don't trust this Freetime box. I regret buying it. It will be going back to the shop at the weekend unless Humax come up with a solution quick.

| Mon 11 Feb 2013 12:17:55 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

Is there any feedback from Humax on this HDD problem? How widespread is the problem (% of sold units)? Is it a bad batch of HDDs? If the problem is occurring on both 500Gb and 1Tb this suggests not and could be a firmware issue.

This is more serious than the missed recordings problem and needs to be given high priority. If Humax are getting returned units they should be in a good position to diagnose the problem.

Does anyone have any info from Humax?

| Mon 11 Feb 2013 12:41:46 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

Well my format issue happened to me on my 500GB box at 34%. After re-formatting the box and loosing ALL of my recordings I decided to record as much as i could to test the box to see if it would happen again at 34%.

I recorded up to 42% and so far so good, it hasn't happened again ( yet ! )

| Tue 19 Feb 2013 20:35:08 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariner

Does anyone know if the HDR1000s has HDD from multiple manufacturers? I have seen reports of failures/swap outs of HDD which were all Seagate and that might explain disk problems since Seagate seem to have become less reliable than in the past. Any sensible manufacturer such as Humax would surely have a choice of HDD manufacturer in case of supply/technical problems from a single source, so it would be interesting to know whether these HDD problems are limited to one HDD supplier only, and might explain why some people have had no issues at all.

Thoughts?

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 9:40:54 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

I believe Humax use a WD HDD as an alternative to the Seagate, but they say both are equally reliable.
    See this thread, particularly Post 12

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1792625&highlight=

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 11:58:39 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jkf20281

Happened to me two nights ago 6-3-13 - lost everything. Not impressed

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 20:47:28 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mackiepokie

The same thing has happened to mine. Had a PVR-9300T for 12 months. About 150 programmes on. I must admit it's never been the best unit displaying all kinds of illogical traits, like sometimes not freezing the live action all the time, missing recordings that have been pre-set, ending recordings prematurely. But now it's gone one step too far. Turned it on and couldn't find the record icon. Did a search and couldn't find any recordings. Then it asked if I wanted to reformat. Obviously only one outcome when that happens. Called the helpline and they calmly explained (and apologised) that it had most likely picked up some bug and althogh the data was still there, I'd never be able to recover it. So best just to format the hard drive. Not happy and I'll be replacing it with something else. How many more people will this happen to?

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 18:04:48 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mackiepokie - 1 hour ago  » 
    The same thing has happened to mine. Had a PVR-9300T for 12 months. About 150 programmes on. I must admit it's never been the best unit displaying all kinds of illogical traits, like sometimes not freezing the live action all the time, missing recordings that have been pre-set, ending recordings prematurely. But now it's gone one step too far. Turned it on and couldn't find the record icon. Did a search and couldn't find any recordings. Then it asked if I wanted to reformat. Obviously only one outcome when that happens. Called the helpline and they calmly explained (and apologised) that it had most likely picked up some bug and althogh the data was still there, I'd never be able to recover it. So best just to format the hard drive. Not happy and I'll be replacing it with something else. How many more people will this happen to?

If I am reading this correctly the box in question was a 9300 not a HDR-1000/1010s, if so needs moving to the appropriate thread. If you haven't yet formatted the disc it's possible the recordings could be recovered using a PC. You will get a better response in the 9300 threads.

| Mon 8 Apr 2013 19:15:36 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.