My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

rim180 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi Iam new to these forums but been looking for an answer to my parents pvr-9150t box which has stopped working am i right in thinking i can only download the new software after 10 am tomorrow that is if it dose not freeze before I get to update software.Can some one answer please

Welcome to the Forum

You are correct in what you say.

If the unit locks before you get into menus, power cycle, and once you have a picture press menu immediately.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:30:56 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lt Gruber

Biggles - 29 minutes ago  » 
    In an effort to give Barry a rest and allow him to grab a cuppa maybe some of you could look at this Humax page which is the same as Barry's pdf on page 2 of this thread.
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/OAD_SoftwareUpdate_9300T_9150T.asp
    You will only be able to download the software when it is being transmitted for your model, see the link at the top and bottom of the Humax page (and also in this thread) for the download schedule.
    PS the Manual Update will be quicker but is otherwise the same as Automatic Update.

Hi everybody, Biggles is spot on with this link...back up and running at last.

Barry you're a Humax legend, forget the cuppa tea and get straight on the Stella mate, you deserve it...byethebye PlanetVanda I had no idea what power cycle meant either...numpties together...hope you get your problem sorted...they're right get to menu as quick as you can and then follow. Good luck all...over and out

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:32:45 #82 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

srussell83 - 1 minute ago  » 

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Sarah - Welcome to the Forum
    Sorry it has taken a while to respond.
    As I understand it you have a 9150 and if so there is no solution until tomorrow when the latest software will be broadcast again from 10 am.
    If you use the switch on the rear of the unit to power cycle the unit, and once you get a picture immediately press menu, you should gain some control......however until you have updated the software it will lock up again I'm afraid.

thants ok barry i see that you have been very busy, thank you for your reply, do i just leave in standby all night then is that how it will be fixed?

Sarah

For a 9150 it should update overnight Thurs/Fri, or you could try manually tomorrow after 10am.

I will be here tomorrow to assist as required.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:32:47 #83 |
  4. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

srussell83 - 59 seconds ago  » 
    thants ok barry i see that you have been very busy, thank you for your reply, do i just leave in standby all night then is that how it will be fixed?

Have a look at the DTG site here for a list of the OTA downloads in the coming days and weeks.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:32:48 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

FenderBender - 1 minute ago  » 

srussell83 - 59 seconds ago  » 

Have a look at the DTG site here for a list of the OTA downloads in the coming days and weeks.

sorry but i have had a look at these updates and i really dont understand it all what is it? what do i do when its my sets time???

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:35:17 #85 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Sarah - Welcome to the Forum
    Sorry it has taken a while to respond.
    As I understand it you have a 9150 and if so there is no solution until tomorrow when the latest software will be broadcast again from 10 am.
    If you use the switch on the rear of the unit to power cycle the unit, and once you get a picture immediately press menu, you should gain some control......however until you have updated the software it will lock up again I'm afraid.

Sarah
    For a 9150 it should update overnight Thurs/Fri, or you could try manually tomorrow after 10am.
    I will be here tomorrow to assist as required.

thank you again, i will try tomorrow morning and if it doesnt work il leave it overnight on thurs/fri, thank you

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:36:34 #86 |
  7. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

sorry but i have had a look at these updates and i really dont understand it all what is it? what do i do when its my sets time???

Leave your box in standby overnight and it should update automatically at 4am. That is the default time that your unit will be set to check for OTA updates.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:38:22 #87 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rim180

Barry - 6 minutes ago  » 

rim180 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi Iam new to these forums but been looking for an answer to my parents pvr-9150t box which has stopped working am i right in thinking i can only download the new software after 10 am tomorrow that is if it dose not freeze before I get to update software.Can some one answer please

Welcome to the Forum
    You are correct in what you say.
    If the unit locks before you get into menus, power cycle, and once you have a picture press menu immediately.

Thanks for the reply Barry will try tomorrow good forum

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:38:51 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigmike20vt

Hi

Gutted about this problem, my parents who are retired and not electronically savy at all had their 2 month out of warranty box fail on them this morning so had to pay for an engineer to visit who told them their box was broken and to buy another, luckily they had not made the order before i spotted a thread on another forum pointing here..

I know it has happened so what is done is done but it is pretty poor that this was able to happen to take out so many boxes in 1 go. i will try to talk them through forcing a manual update tomorrow when i get home from work but i am 200 miles away so cant help them face to face. Pretty dissapointed with humax to be honest.

Good info on this forum however thanks

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:43:11 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

planetvanda

Decided to stay up a few more minutes & had another attempt. Followed your instructions and it's working !! Thank you so much Barry, you're a star

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:46:01 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.