My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

4000 No Programme Information

(58 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ericcrichton

Folks HI. Sorry haven't come back sooner. Out on my exercise.
    The figures I posted are the actual fact. If wolfbane is out of date that would make sense.
    I'm happy to have another go tomorrow morning (recording scheduled this evening).
    And I can use an internal aerial if you believe the community system is translating.

BUT I'm now confused as to which channels you believe are the correct ones.
    The attached table is the actual results of manually scanning the wolfbane channels and then scanning other channels I know I get a signal on (only looked at T not T2 on others)

Attachments

1. TV_Retuneing.pdf (78.3 KB, 3 downloads) 4 years old
    | Thu 9 Apr 2020 17:33:43 #51 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Brian has confirmed the numbers shown in post 43 is correct (he also uses Winter Hill)

Your channel 37 is the wrong mux. Best to align your own aerial on Winter Hill and use manual tune to check reception on all the mux, and then start again after clearing all existing channels.

| Thu 9 Apr 2020 17:44:04 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ericcrichton

will try tomorrow. Thanks all.

| Thu 9 Apr 2020 17:47:20 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The CBS Justice channel mentioned as being on 37 in Eric's PDF (LCN 39 not 30) is on ARQB, not BBCB

| Thu 9 Apr 2020 17:55:48 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ericcrichton

Hi. Using own aerial I reset the channels and manually loaded as in #43 above.
    DVB-T: 32, 37, 49, 58, 59
    DVB-T2: 54, 55, 56
    All looks well now, correct programme information (original problem).

These are the same counts as on those channels via the community system
    But full scann included programmes on T channels 21 24 40
    167 channels loaded - Web says should be 135?
    Still have channels at 670-795 and 201-271 max normal channels 115
    Did someone say the max channel should be 137?
    TV doesn't have these problems nor does an older Sagem recorder.
    Anyway, Many thanks for all your help.

| Fri 10 Apr 2020 11:55:44 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ericcrichton - 2 hours ago  » 

Still have channels at 670-795 and 201-271 max normal channels 115

I think that is all normal. The channels above 750 are I think temporary channels provided on a short term basis after the change of frequency of some multiplexes and will only be available for a short time (intended to allow people time to get new aerials where necessary).

| Fri 10 Apr 2020 14:39:19 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zantium

I just want to say thanks, I have a 4000 that has had poorly functioning EPG since I bought it over a year ago which had gotten worse with subsequent re-tunes to the point where I was going to go back to Virgin TV when I moved house despite only watching a few TV programmes.

I bought an attenuator (well 3x 3dB in series which I may swap for a single one) and have followed the instructions here to manually tune and I now have a working EPG for the first time.

It's gone from "the worst piece of technology I've ever bought" to seemingly fully functional.

NB Also in the Winter Hill transmitter area.

PS One thing of note I had found was if the viewed channel was on say CH4, I'd lose EPG information on BBC1 and BBC2 (and others) that was there (albeit quite bitty) 2 minutes before while watching BBC and vice versa. This meant that at best I'd only ever get about 30% of the guide populated and much less past a day and it used to take 5-10 minutes to populate that much.

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 19:49:29 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Zantium - 2 hours ago  » One thing of note I had found was if the viewed channel was on say CH4, I'd lose EPG information on BBC1 and BBC2 (and others) that was there (albeit quite bitty) 2 minutes before while watching BBC and vice versa. This meant that at best I'd only ever get about 30% of the guide populated and much less past a day and it used to take 5-10 minutes to populate that much.

That sounds like the classic issue of Humax feeview boxes miss-tuning.
    The fix for most is
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1

| Sat 18 Apr 2020 22:35:10 #58 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.