Have set timers on FVP 4000T, HDR 1800T, DTR T2000, and as a check HB 1000S

Showoff

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 13:46:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JohnH77 - 14 minutes ago  » 
    James

Do other Viacom channels comply with ETSI Accurate Recording standards?

Thank you. In my experience they do - BBC and ITV etc seem very good - and the commercial channels also comply quite well with the 4 minute advert break. I have sent a similar complaint to info, AT, etsi.org

BBC and ITV channels are not Viacom channels. Try Spike.

ETSI is not involved.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 13:46:54 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I record Neighbours and Home Away every lunchtime using a HDR FOX T2 without any current issues

Blimey Graham, it's a brave man that would admit to recording the above - it's akin to admitting to B.O. Just as long as you don't start beginning or ending your posts with "G'day"

Having said that what really annoys me is the current propensity to start a sentence with the word "SO" e.g. "So I bought a new T.V. today". What the hell is that all about - it should be a criminal offence.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 14:39:22 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 1 minute ago  » 

I record Neighbours and Home Away every lunchtime using a HDR FOX T2 without any current issues

Blimey Graham, it's a brave man that would admit to recording the above - it's akin to admitting to B.O. Just as long as you don't start beginning or ending your posts with "G'day"
    Having said that what really annoys me is the current propensity to start a sentence with the word "SO" e.g. "So I bought a new T.V. today". What the hell is that all about - it should be a criminal offence.

Believe it or not my wife's sister who hails from Perth WA is currently here on holiday with us. They both like their daily wash in Ozzie soap

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 14:43:10 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

So I was wondering if the FVP4000T's (proximate) origin down south could be a factor in these seemingly inconsistent timer problems.

Freeview Australia uses a Now and Following system but apparently the info as provided by the broadcasters is unreliable. (http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/gadgets-on-the-go/aussie-broadcasters-are-winning-the-war-of-attrition-against-ad-evasion-20151015-gkaihv.html)

If so, I wonder if the 4Tune has a different default strategy to cope with scheduling changes? Necessitating modification, for the FVP4000T, to adapt to the UK environment. Which might explain why the older Humax Freeview recorders manage C5’s erratic timing better (apparently) than the FVP4000T.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 14:52:09 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Graham

I have set the 5 USA recordings, the programme I found on Thursday is scheduled at 23:00 (presumably it's the one you are having issues with)

Yes it is. I don't see how ******* ****** 5 USA could organise a proverbial p*ss up in a brewery, let alone get timing or other EPG stuff correct! (I don't know why, but I removed the asterisked adjectives which I had used to describe 5 USA.)

The series was called New: Law and Order, and the series recording ended with last week's episode on Thur 7 January.

The episode on Thur 14 January appears to be the next in the series, but ******* ****** 5 USA has set it up as a completely different programme, now called Law and Order, and with a new series link!!!

I thought the series had ended with the Thur 7 Jan episode because there were no more series linked programmes. But no, it continues ...

I can only think it must be total and complete incompetence by 5 USA.

[Moderator - please sanitise if required]

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 15:40:46 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

On my 9200T, the problem is different.

I think the 9200T picks up the change in the programme information banner, so I tend to get the beginning OK, but lose the end of programmes because the broadcaster brings on the information banner for the next programme well before the previous programme ends. C5 and 5 USA are the worst offenders.

It also means that the banner is often empty in the recording, or wrong, when I get the banner for a different programme to that recorded.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 15:49:29 #18 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I too am a fan of Law & Order and other 5USA series and have found exactly the same problem recently. It also appears to be recording all the repeats of the same programmes too.

I have now converted my Channel 5/5USA 'Series Record' schedule to a weekly time-slot schedule and will see if that works out as well on the 4000T as is did on my 9200T.

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 16:43:10 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Stephenesque - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I too am a fan of Law & Order and other 5USA series and have found exactly the same problem recently. It also appears to be recording all the repeats of the same programmes too.
    I have now converted my Channel 5/5USA 'Series Record' schedule to a weekly time-slot schedule and will see if that works out as well on the 4000T as is did on my 9200T.

Recording repeated episodes is a typical Channel 5 screw up. They give the same series crid to repeats but give a different program crid. The box is told it's a different episode so it records it. They used to do this all the time with the Ozzie lunchtime soaps. At long last they seem to have figured out how to properly code these

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 17:10:07 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.