My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Are the tuners sensitive or just rubbish?

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Of course I doubted it, based on the information your post #8, why wouldn't I doubt it?
    Even if you had said "This is Birmingham" on LCN 007, I would still have pointed out that there was a discrepancy between my channel names and yours and, by your own admission, a retune has now brought your epg listing in line with mine. Had you said that you were receiving from a different transmitter altogether, I would have had no need to mention anything. I even enquired from you as to when things had changed because I initially wondered if my own epg was wrong.
    Why you can't understand that is beyond me?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 13:48:42 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

SSThing - 18 mins ago  » 
    Of course I doubted it, based on the information your post #8, why wouldn't I doubt it?
    Even if you had said "This is Birmingham" on LCN 007, I would still have pointed out that there was a discrepancy between my channel names and yours and, by your own admission, a retune has now brought your epg listing in line with mine. Had you said that you were receiving from a different transmitter altogether, I would have had no need to mention anything. I even enquired from you as to when things had changed because I initially wondered if my own epg was wrong.
    Why you can't understand that is beyond me?

I can't do a retune till advised there is one. You were doubting the existence of channel 36 even when I provided the full details claiming they were on channel 48 which I don't have. I did say that the channels may vary on where you live and I could only provide the frequencies for my area. Regardless of that you will note the power output for 36 which confirms that but for the elevation for where I live I shouldn't really be able to receive 36 at all. It further demonstrates that compared to my over kit the Humax tuners are a tad weaker.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 14:14:58 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

"I can't do a retune till advised there is one. "
    Of course you can, surely you understand that?

My fvp-4000t only notifies me when there is a major reshuffle planned and the info dialogue is presented by the broadcaster. Minor changes are never notified so I rely on here or other sources to provide the hint (especially when a particular LCN is still receiving programmes). It will be interesting to see if the Aura is more helpful in its notifications.
    My Panasonic and LG televisions both frequently tell me that a retune is necessary and I have often thought to myself that it was unnecessary because nothing appeared to be added/removed but I now realise that it is usually just epg name changes.
    Are you aware that, apart from the Birmingham/West Midlands specific programmes, most of the content is shown simultaneously on LCN 66? Or is reference to LCN 007 /ch36 used by yourself as a datum to compare your various devices and nothing more?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 14:45:23 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

SSThing - 31 mins ago  » 
    "I can't do a retune till advised there is one. "
    Of course you can, surely you understand that?
    My fvp-4000t only notifies me when there is a major reshuffle planned and the info dialogue is presented by the broadcaster. Minor changes are never notified so I rely on here or other sources to provide the hint (especially when a particular LCN is still receiving programmes). It will be interesting to see if the Aura is more helpful in its notifications.
    My Panasonic and LG televisions both frequently tell me that a retune is necessary and I have often thought to myself that it was unnecessary because nothing appeared to be added/removed but I now realise that it is usually just epg name changes.
    Are you aware that, apart from the Birmingham/West Midlands specific programmes, most of the content is shown simultaneously on LCN 66? Or is reference to LCN 007 /ch36 used by yourself as a datum to compare your various devices and nothing more?

I don't watch Freeview enough to warrant keeping up with EPG changes so only really bother when I see the "programme map has changed message", and even then as you yourself say not always then either.

I used channel 36 as a reference point for the Humax tuner as it does demonstrate the disparity between the LG and Samsung TV tuners and the Panasonic PVR which manage to hang onto that frequency even in summer high pressure inversions whereas the Humax will lose them. COM8 was a similar situation Channel 56 but that has now gone. Channel 55 National COM7 is just that bit stronger though it's still on reduced power. All the other muxes are good.

I have to say I can't see these channels on any other mux as you suggest

Sony Channel, Sony Movies Classic, Sony Movies +1, Ideal Extra, Tiny Pop. For clarity which channel mux are you referring to when you state LCN 66

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 15:27:42 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.