Audio sync on recordings

(52 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Sorry - only just seen your latest post - I'll check the Stereo thing

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:13:20 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Changed the Aura Setting from Surround to Stereo (2.0 not actually in the name!) and it makes no difference - in fact it looks a little worse.

I had previously changed that setting from something someone else had said, and I'm sure I didn't change it back to Surround. There are other settings as well like padding time which have reverted to defaults after the Aura has been switched Off and On again. Is that usual or am I getting paranoid ?

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:20:57 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've attached an external USB drive to the Aura and selected a video at random and the same delayed audio is there as playing from Kodi. As I mentioned above, the VLC for Android does not have the extensive options for adjusting things like lip sync, unless it's hidden somewhere I can't find - the audio output options are just Audio Track or OpenSL ES - whatever that is !
    Whatever is happening, the Aura just does not appear to function as able to play back pre-recorded items from a different Humax device - nice interface with all the added features neatly laid out, etc etc - but if it can't easily play other videos from a network connected storage as it claims, it's not going to do me any good. For all its sluggish behaviour, the FVP5000 or even an HDR-Fox (if I could find a working one) is far superior

What other Humax device are you getting the recording files from and how ?

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 16:43:09 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

OK - I started with a 9200 over 10 years ago (using Cute FTP to download its files), then upgraded to the HDR-Fox T2. One was destroyed by lightning when our house burnt down in 2014, so I replaced it and when that gave up the ghost, I got another - all using the replacement Custom Firmware from Hummy.tv. Then a couple of years ago, when my final HDR was giving problems, I got the FVP5000, which I got used to eventually and am very happy with - I download the videos I record using Windows Media Player and saving them through Firefox. The reason I started saving videos was that we have had a small village house in Greece for some years, and since retirement we are able to spend more time there. So although going to the local ouzeries is our favourite evening pastime, sometimes the weather (particularly in winter) means we stay in, and the need to be able to watch stuff we can understand (Greek is not easy to follow) I needed videos I could transport and watch in Greece ! I am historically an accountant/business administrator, so my technical knowledge of things video is very limited. But I try and was hoping the Aura would be the next step up .... Watch this space ! PS - we used to play badminton in Devizes with a couple who I believe knew you - sorry can't remember their names.

PPS - FX on the Aura is a very easy way (once you learn how) to download recorded videos to a PC !

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 17:13:42 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lefteris - 44 mins ago  » 
    OK - I started with a 9200 over 10 years ago (using Cute FTP to download its files),

I would love to know how you managed to use an FTP client with a box that doesn't have an FTP server on it.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:00:37 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

If I remember correctly, Cute FTP just found the 9200 on the network and I was able to copy files from it to my PC. I didn't have any other software, but it just did it - what more can I say !

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:07:21 #46 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 57 mins ago  » 
    OK - I started with a 9200 over 10 years ago (using Cute FTP to download its files), then upgraded to the HDR-Fox T2. One was destroyed by lightning when our house burnt down in 2014, so I replaced it and when that gave up the ghost, I got another - all using the replacement Custom Firmware from Hummy.tv. Then a couple of years ago, when my final HDR was giving problems, I got the FVP5000, which I got used to eventually and am very happy with - I download the videos I record using Windows Media Player and saving them through Firefox. The reason I started saving videos was that we have had a small village house in Greece for some years, and since retirement we are able to spend more time there. So although going to the local ouzeries is our favourite evening pastime, sometimes the weather (particularly in winter) means we stay in, and the need to be able to watch stuff we can understand (Greek is not easy to follow) I needed videos I could transport and watch in Greece ! I am historically an accountant/business administrator, so my technical knowledge of things video is very limited. But I try and was hoping the Aura would be the next step up .... Watch this space ! PS - we used to play badminton in Devizes with a couple who I believe knew you - sorry can't remember their names.
    PPS - FX on the Aura is a very easy way (once you learn how) to download recorded videos to a PC !

Can't be me at least not personally.

Never lived or worked anywhere near Devizes. Anybody who worked or still worked at National Grid in the operation planning or In the Grid construction and maintenance districts and at National Control would likely know me. I retired in 2000 after over 40yrs service in the Electricity supply industry, Starting in Sheffield with the YEB and moved to the CEGB at the long gone St Albans Grid Control (Thames North).

I moved to the Birmingham area in the early 1960's

If anybody remembers me please say hello. Likely to be someone who is is a member of the industry retired engineers clubs.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:20:30 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lefteris - 7 mins ago  » 
    If I remember correctly, Cute FTP just found the 9200 on the network and I was able to copy files from it to my PC.

As the 9200 doesn't have any networking capability that is astonishing. It can't have been the HDR-FOX T2 either because although that does have network capability and an FTP server, content downloaded by FTP will remain encrypted. The only ways I know to download content from a 9200T are either via the USB port using Humax Media Controller or Humax eLinker; alternatively connect the hard drive to a PC and use Humaxrw or Hummy readfiles.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:20:46 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Well. maybe my memory isn't that good, but somehow I did it and the HDR also used Cute FTP but I was using the customised software on it - are you aware of that ? elinker rings a bell, but a very distant one !

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 18:35:03 #49 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 2 hours ago  » 
    Well. maybe my memory isn't that good, but somehow I did it and the HDR also used Cute FTP but I was using the customised software on it - are you aware of that ? elinker rings a bell, but a very distant one !

Which box is the HDR ? You need to specify model numbers. There are a few boxes that include HDR in the model name. These start with the Foxsat-HDR. They all have different capabilities.

A Foxsat-HDR has FTP capability but only if it has Raydons Custom firmware. The HDR-1800.2000T had FTP though I never had either. These could export HD recordings by a method we cannot discuss here. HDR here basically means Hard Disk recorder. Long before HDR became High Dynamic range (the extended capability of the latest 4K kit).

And there is the HDR-FOX-T2 the most versatile of them all. If you had two you could watch either boxes recordings (HD and SD) on the other out of the box.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 20:46:04 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.