My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Audio sync on recordings

(52 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Lefteris - 39 mins ago  » 
    Another Aura recording which appears OK on the Aura is The IT Crowd, but on the PC played after downloading to my NAS drive had an audio delay - using MediaInfo (amazing utility!) it shows the Delay as 1 s 720 ms
    Also the same delay if played back on the Aura using Kodi

That delay of "1 S 720 ms" is listed in your MediaInfo text for the subtitles.
    The main audio track is listed as having a delay of -374 ms.

grahamlthompson - 26 mins ago  » 
    I need to see the full Mediainfo text. Particulary the video codec used to compress the video.

Why do you think what Lefteris has posted is not "full"?

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 14:25:15 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 7 mins ago  » 

Lefteris - 39 mins ago  » 
    Another Aura recording which appears OK on the Aura is The IT Crowd, but on the PC played after downloading to my NAS drive had an audio delay - using MediaInfo (amazing utility!) it shows the Delay as 1 s 720 ms
    Also the same delay if played back on the Aura using Kodi

That delay of "1 S 720 ms" is listed in your MediaInfo text for the subtitles.
    The main audio track is listed as having a delay of -374 ms.

grahamlthompson - 26 mins ago  » 
    I need to see the full Mediainfo text. Particulary the video codec used to compress the video.

Why do you think what Lefteris has posted is not "full"?

For some reason I got nothing. I have it open now. The audio delay looks to be way too short. I would expect to hear the audio around 1 second before mouth movements.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 14:37:22 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Sorry about confusion over delays - Can I do anything about that short delay ? I have tried increasing it in Aura settings, but it made it worse

I would add that playing the same video on my FVP5000 or an old Panasonic box I've got - it is in perfect sync !

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 14:56:15 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 8 mins ago  » 
    Sorry about confusion over delays - Can I do anything about that short delay ? I have tried increasing it in Aura settings, but it made it worse
    I would add that playing the same video on my FVP5000 or an old Panasonic box I've got - it is in perfect sync !

If a FVP-5000T can play it back it should play back OK on the Aura. Have you tried installing plex on a PC and streaming to Plex on the aura from a file on the pc or on a usb drive connected to the PC.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:08:28 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Have to confess, I haven't ever got on very well with Plex - a 73 year old brain is not the best with some software ! Anyway, I'll give it a go - I have installed the Plex app on the Aura, but I read somewhere on a forum about the Aura that a much later version of Plex is best for the Aura. Do you know about this, or was it a senior moment creeping in ?

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:16:59 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 7 mins ago  » 
    Have to confess, I haven't ever got on very well with Plex - a 73 year old brain is not the best with some software ! Anyway, I'll give it a go - I have installed the Plex app on the Aura, but I read somewhere on a forum about the Aura that a much later version of Plex is best for the Aura. Do you know about this, or was it a senior moment creeping in ?

The plex version is the same as I have on a Amazon Firestick.

I am 76. On the firestick it supports framerate matching but not on the Aura for some reason. This will not affect audio. Panning shots can look jerky which doesn't happen on the firestick.

Has anyone tried sideloading VLC on the aura. ?

There lots of help on line.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:29:24 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

I have VLC on the Aura - is 'sideloading' different from the normal APPS ?

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:32:52 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 12 mins ago  » 
    I have VLC on the Aura - is 'sideloading' different from the normal APPS ?

I couldn't find it. Does that not play the video if you stick it on a usb stick ?

On a different tack I just recorded Father Brown on Freesat to confirm it has 5.1 surround.

Note the audio delay

Audio #1
    ID : 5401 (0x1519)
    Menu ID : 6941 (0x1B1D)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : 6
    Duration : 10 min 59 s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 384 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -880 ms
    Stream size : 30.2 MiB (8%)
    Language : English
    Service kind : Complete Main

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:47:58 #38 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I had VLC all along just never used it.

The file plays in perfect lip synch but only in 2.0 stereo. It's HD 1080p incidentally.

Try your errant file.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 15:59:37 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

I've attached an external USB drive to the Aura and selected a video at random and the same delayed audio is there as playing from Kodi. As I mentioned above, the VLC for Android does not have the extensive options for adjusting things like lip sync, unless it's hidden somewhere I can't find - the audio output options are just Audio Track or OpenSL ES - whatever that is !

Whatever is happening, the Aura just does not appear to function as able to play back pre-recorded items from a different Humax device - nice interface with all the added features neatly laid out, etc etc - but if it can't easily play other videos from a network connected storage as it claims, it's not going to do me any good. For all its sluggish behaviour, the FVP5000 or even an HDR-Fox (if I could find a working one) is far superior

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 16:10:24 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.