My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Audio sync on recordings

(52 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 2 mins ago  » 
    Re the Aura problem, I have reset the box in case I screwed up a setting along the way, and am going through some recording then testing - will let you know the outcomes - Thanks again

Same for me I can only assume it's some sort of copyright restriction though why a 20 second clip of a TV screen could be an issue, I have no idea. I can cut it down to a few frames and try and e-mail it if you want to PM me an address. I will post final size first.

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 15:51:15 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Struggling. I have a video clip but it's upside down (landscape auto rotate on phone) I will have to dig out my camcorder or film in portrait

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 16:51:23 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Portrait video hope you can see lip synch

It's only 5MB but will not upload. guess it will e-mail if you want to pm me a address

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 17:00:34 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Hi again - OK, I have recorded several programmes in SD and HD - they all playback fine on the Aura itself. However, when playing a previously recorded video which is on my NAS (tried .ts, .mp4 and .mpeg files), using Kodi or VideoLan, the audio is behind the video by how much I obviously can't measure, but it's enough to make it unwatchable. Tried all sorts of settings both in Aura and Kodi (not possible to change settings in VideoLan on Android), but I cannot improve the sync. Is there a better media player for the Aura, or maybe somewhere I can troubleshoot the Kodi settings to get them right ?

An additional quirk I have found is that yesterday I recorded 3 programmes on the Aura but only 2 showed up in Recordings - using FX they are there in the Recordings Folder - does Humax already know of this, or should I lodge a ticket with them ?

PS - Live programmes are fine

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 12:52:32 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Correction - the file that didn't show up in Recordings didn't actually record although it appeared in the Recordings folder as an empty .ts file, and only had the index.idx file with it (normally there are 7 additional sidecar files)! Looking at its properties, it is of zero bytes in length - it was from Pick and I don't usually have trouble recording off Pick, but maybe there was a DRM problem which the Aura picked up. I have recorded previous episodes of the series (Instinct) on the FVP5000 with no problem

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:12:03 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 22 mins ago  » 
    Hi again - OK, I have recorded several programmes in SD and HD - they all playback fine on the Aura itself. However, when playing a previously recorded video which is on my NAS (tried .ts, .mp4 and .mpeg files), using Kodi or VideoLan, the audio is behind the video by how much I obviously can't measure, but it's enough to make it unwatchable. Tried all sorts of settings both in Aura and Kodi (not possible to change settings in VideoLan on Android), but I cannot improve the sync. Is there a better media player for the Aura, or maybe somewhere I can troubleshoot the Kodi settings to get them right ?
    An additional quirk I have found is that yesterday I recorded 3 programmes on the Aura but only 2 showed up in Recordings - using FX they are there in the Recordings Folder - does Humax already know of this, or should I lodge a ticket with them ?
    PS - Live programmes are fine

Download mediainfo

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Open the Video file that is causing the Issue

Select view - Tree and export the results to a .txt file. Post the text here

Try playing the file on a PC using VLC Player.

TSmuxer GUI can remux files and set a user delay for the audio.

Live TV has a built in audio delay of around 1000msec. Bu that should also be present in recordings the aura makes. Guessing the file you have issues with has a much smaller delay

Mediainfo will tell you the delays.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:23:57 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

This is the file which didn't record - Instinct

Attachments

1. Instinct_problem_file.txt (0.2 KB, 4 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:32:52 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

It would not play on my PC using VideoLan

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:33:33 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lefteris

Another Aura recording which appears OK on the Aura is The IT Crowd, but on the PC played after downloading to my NAS drive had an audio delay - using MediaInfo (amazing utility!) it shows the Delay as 1 s 720 ms

Also the same delay if played back on the Aura using Kodi

Attachments

1. IT_Crowd_problem_file.txt (4.7 KB, 5 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:40:15 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lefteris - 6 mins ago  » 
    Another Aura recording which appears OK on the Aura is The IT Crowd, but on the PC played after downloading to my NAS drive had an audio delay - using MediaInfo (amazing utility!) it shows the Delay as 1 s 720 ms
    Also the same delay if played back on the Aura using Kodi

I need to see the full Mediainfo text. Particulary the video codec used to compress the video.

Note .mp4, .MKV, .ts are not file types. They are containers. The video contained in a .mp4 container may or may not use mpeg4 to compress the video.

Use tree view to export the analysis to a text file and simply paste it into a paste it into a post. It's only a small file.

Decoding mpeg video always takes longer than mpeg compressed audio. That's why the audio needs to be delayed. Only if the video is not compressed so no decoding is required and the audio should be in sync

The delay you quote is about right for H64/AVC or mpeg 2 video compression codecs.

| Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:55:12 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.