Aura Beta Firmware dated 27.05.21

(48 posts)
  1. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 

jlmj2009 - 47 mins ago  » 
    Screenshot for those that are interested

That is the release note for previous firmware update, would appear it was not updated for this one.

Barry, Thanks for clarifying this.

Can you advise if the previously reported recording pixilation issues from the last Beta firmware release are under investigation, and if Humax still want us to report any additional events on this release?

I don't want to fill up this thread with pointless observations and video clip links if it's not necessary at the moment.

Thanks.

| Sat 29 May 2021 2:12:59 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

davidrew - 3 hours ago  » 

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 

jlmj2009 - 47 mins ago  » 
    Screenshot for those that are interested

That is the release note for previous firmware update, would appear it was not updated for this one.

Barry, Thanks for clarifying this.
    Can you advise if the previously reported recording pixilation issues from the last Beta firmware release are under investigation, and if Humax still want us to report any additional events on this release?
    I don't want to fill up this thread with pointless observations and video clip links if it's not necessary at the moment.
    Thanks.

Can you check your Private Messages please.

and could the following members do the same - thank you.

technick

macaronipie

ChemicalRob - edit: has read PM thank you.

| Sat 29 May 2021 5:59:48 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wheelmon - 1 day ago  » 
    Still experiencing audio failure for a few seconds after pausing a recording playback for several minutes. The sound is heard for a moment and the it cuts out for up to about 12 seconds. The cut-out seems to depend on the length of the pause.
    I think this was mentioned some time ago well before the two recent Beta Firmware Updates.
    It means having to wait for the sound to start, then rewinding to hear what you've missed.

Likely to be the processing time to re-synch the audio to the video stream. Ift would of course take longer to the longer you pause. Do you have a Oled TV ?

| Sat 29 May 2021 22:12:20 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DracUK

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 

Wheelmon - 1 day ago  » 
    Still experiencing audio failure for a few seconds after pausing a recording playback for several minutes. The sound is heard for a moment and the it cuts out for up to about 12 seconds. The cut-out seems to depend on the length of the pause.
    I think this was mentioned some time ago well before the two recent Beta Firmware Updates.
    It means having to wait for the sound to start, then rewinding to hear what you've missed.

Likely to be the processing time to re-synch the audio to the video stream. Ift would of course take longer to the longer you pause. Do you have a Oled TV ?

I also have this problem,not using oled tv.Have a 4K TV with Yamaha YSP-2700 soundbar but it also happens direct to TV.I have to press STOP and then PLAY to avoid problem instead of PAUSING.

| Sat 29 May 2021 22:39:18 #14 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 1 day ago  » 
    After resetting the Aura and it updating, I set up deep standby overnight with the red LED off but it remained on. This seems to happen when first set up.

This happened again last night (there was a recording in progress when it was due to go into deep standby, but this morning it was in deep standby and the red LED was on). Also, yesterday I put into deep standby with the remote and the red LED stayed on, but I tried again and it worked as expected.

| Sun 30 May 2021 8:51:42 #15 |
  6. Fixdit

Fixdit

New firmware installed with no problems.
    I have not seen any pixelation yet. only a very brief stutter right at the very start or at the end of a recording.
    One oddity on Ch 5 HD a double recording of 'Greatest Rail Journeys'.
    It had been set as a scheduled recording some time ago, thinking back this was soon after the time I updated the box.
    Red light stay's off in Deep standby for me.

| Sun 30 May 2021 10:17:40 #16 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

After an overnight deep standby CEC looks to be enabled as the TV is switching on when the Aura is switched on even though CEC is still showing disabled when checking the Aura's settings after.

This has happened consistently since this firmware update and is only happening on the initial first switch-on in the morning, subsequent starts from normal standby do not switch on the TV.

My deep standby is from 2300 to 0600 and I normally switch on anytime from 0700 onwards.

| Sun 30 May 2021 11:09:32 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

DracUK - 12 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 

Wheelmon - 1 day ago  » 

I also have this problem,not using oled tv.Have a 4K TV with Yamaha YSP-2700 soundbar but it also happens direct to TV.I have to press STOP and then PLAY to avoid problem instead of PAUSING.

grahamlthompson, your suggested diagnosis seems to fit the bill. It's not an OLED TV by the way.
    DracUK, your way of dealing with it sounds the best temporary solution, I assume you mute the live tv that come on in the interim.
    I tried pausing live TV for 20 mins this morning and on restarting the audio came straight on again, so it's just recordings.

| Sun 30 May 2021 11:17:23 #18 |
  9. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

Updated fine, but may have found a small bug.

Recorded Scenic Railway Journeys last night, set up via the guide. I selected the episode on channel 5 (the SD channel), then selected to record the series and then as it gave me the option, I selected to record the HD version instead from channel 105.

All went fine, except it recorded it twice. I have two identical recordings, both of the HD version. They are distinct files, I can watch them independently with separate tracking of how much has been watched, and I deleted one without affecting the other at all.

Not a major issue as both recordings were complete and full, but could get annoying if it happens too often and the HDD starts to fill up...

| Sun 30 May 2021 11:25:46 #19 |
  10. Fixdit

Fixdit

Spoke too soon , popped out for a few hours, on returning the Aura was on with the blue light. Deep sleep for me is set from 02:00am until 17:00pm. Have checked recordings and recording schedules to make sure nothing could have tripped the Aura to come on. CEC is turned off.

| Sun 30 May 2021 14:11:48 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.