My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta Firmware dated 27.05.21

(48 posts)
  1. Mars

Mars

special member

davidrew - 5 hours ago  » 
    After an overnight deep standby CEC looks to be enabled as the TV is switching on when the Aura is switched on even though CEC is still showing disabled when checking the Aura's settings after.
    This has happened consistently since this firmware update and is only happening on the initial first switch-on in the morning, subsequent starts from normal standby do not switch on the TV.
    My deep standby is from 2300 to 0600 and I normally switch on anytime from 0700 onwards.

My Aura managed to turn on the TV this afternoon despite HDMI-CEC being switched off in settings (as I usually use a universal remote) after being in deep standby over night.

| Sun 30 May 2021 16:59:11 #21 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 12 mins ago  » 

davidrew - 5 hours ago  » 
    After an overnight deep standby CEC looks to be enabled as the TV is switching on when the Aura is switched on even though CEC is still showing disabled when checking the Aura's settings after.
    This has happened consistently since this firmware update and is only happening on the initial first switch-on in the morning, subsequent starts from normal standby do not switch on the TV.
    My deep standby is from 2300 to 0600 and I normally switch on anytime from 0700 onwards.

My Aura managed to turn on the TV this afternoon despite HDMI-CEC being switched off in settings (as I usually use a universal remote) after being in deep standby over night.

And the Aura DLNA server does not seem to be visible on a Samsung TV and using VLC on an Android tablet. I think that it might be time for another reset!

| Sun 30 May 2021 17:14:54 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DracUK

Wheelmon - 10 hours ago  » 

DracUK - 12 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 25 mins ago  » 

Wheelmon - 1 day ago  » 
    Still experiencing audio failure for a few seconds after pausing a recording playback for several minutes. The sound is heard for a moment and the it cuts out for up to about 12 seconds. The cut-out seems to depend on the length of the pause.
    I think this was mentioned some time ago well before the two recent Beta Firmware Updates.
    It means having to wait for the sound to start, then rewinding to hear what you've missed.

Likely to be the processing time to re-synch the audio to the video stream. Ift would of course take longer to the longer you pause. Do you have a Oled TV ?

I also have this problem,not using oled tv.Have a 4K TV with Yamaha YSP-2700 soundbar but it also happens direct to TV.I have to press STOP and then PLAY to avoid problem instead of PAUSING.

grahamlthompson, your suggested diagnosis seems to fit the bill. It's not an OLED TV by the way.
    DracUK, your way of dealing with it sounds the best temporary solution, I assume you mute the live tv that come on in the interim.
    I tried pausing live TV for 20 mins this morning and on restarting the audio came straight on again, so it's just recordings.

Yes it only happens on recordings,live tv is fine when pausing and resuming.Ive been on to Humax Support about it but been passed up to tech support but have heard nothing from them.
    regards

| Sun 30 May 2021 22:11:41 #23 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I have reset the Aura and the DLNA server is still not visible. The red LED was off last night during deep standby.

| Mon 31 May 2021 7:44:38 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Mars - 8 hours ago  » 
    I have reset the Aura and the DLNA server is still not visible. The red LED was off last night during deep standby.

DLNA is working for me.

| Mon 31 May 2021 15:52:06 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Fixdit - 1 day ago  » 
    One oddity on Ch 5 HD a double recording of 'Greatest Rail Journeys'.
    It had been set as a scheduled recording some time ago, thinking back this was soon after the time I updated the box.

Only recorded once for me.

| Mon 31 May 2021 15:54:50 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DarrenHill - 1 day ago  » 
    Updated fine, but may have found a small bug.
    Recorded Scenic Railway Journeys last night, set up via the guide. I selected the episode on channel 5 (the SD channel), then selected to record the series and then as it gave me the option, I selected to record the HD version instead from channel 105.
    All went fine, except it recorded it twice. I have two identical recordings, both of the HD version. They are distinct files, I can watch them independently with separate tracking of how much has been watched, and I deleted one without affecting the other at all.
    Not a major issue as both recordings were complete and full, but could get annoying if it happens too often and the HDD starts to fill up...

I see this as well

| Mon 31 May 2021 19:03:44 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheelmon

grahamlthompson - 16 hours ago  » 

DarrenHill - 1 day ago  » 
    Updated fine, but may have found a small bug.
    Recorded Scenic Railway Journeys last night, set up via the guide. I selected the episode on channel 5 (the SD channel), then selected to record the series and then as it gave me the option, I selected to record the HD version instead from channel 105.
    All went fine, except it recorded it twice. I have two identical recordings, both of the HD version. They are distinct files, I can watch them independently with separate tracking of how much has been watched, and I deleted one without affecting the other at all.
    Not a major issue as both recordings were complete and full, but could get annoying if it happens too often and the HDD starts to fill up...

I see this as well

I have a recollection of this happening some weeks ago before the beta updates and at the time thinking it was a mistake on my part.
    However if this is a case of two tuners recording the same programme simultaneously it would occupy an otherwise available tuner and could unnecessarily create a serious inconvenience.

| Tue 1 Jun 2021 11:52:46 #28 |
  9. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

If I'm available (and if my aging brain remembers ), my plan is to confirm how many tuners are involved with this Friday's episode. Presuming of course it happens again...

| Tue 1 Jun 2021 14:38:14 #29 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

The red LED was on last night during deep standby, and the DLNA server is still not visible despite doing a reset of the Aura and restarting my router.

| Wed 2 Jun 2021 9:19:40 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.