My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 17.03.21

(62 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Fixdit - 10 hours ago  » 
    I seem to have difficaulty installing updates. I go to the home screen after checking that there are no
    recordings taking place or scheduled to take place in the next 30mins, click on updates available, update
    screen very quickly appears then disappears. then nothing. Repeated after soft restart same thing, tried restart third time on starting the white circle appeared twice then it installed the update.

I've had exactly the same. Seems to take multiple resets to get the update to download and install. Haven't worked out the trick yet, always seems hit and miss.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 0:40:46 #41 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Last night, the Aura was set to go into deep standby from 11pm to 7am, and there were no recordings overnight. I woke up early so got up for a cup of tea at 6am and the Aura was connected according to the app so it was not in deep standby. I switched on the Aura and it started quickly and I checked the settings, which were OK. I restarted the Aura then put it in normal standby and it went into deep standby a few minutes later according to the app (it was disconnected) and came out of deep standby at 7am.
    Also, yesterday a recording of Morse stopped due to a 'power failure', but there was no power failure yesterday. However, at the time of the supposed power failure, I was using DLNA on my Samsung TV.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 9:12:27 #42 |
  3. Fixdit

Fixdit

I have given up trying deep standby. It very seldom comes out of deep standby, most times black screen
    but with audio. My tv info screen says its connected but at 1280 x 720. when this happens the only way out is to remove power wait and start again. CEC is turned off, I have come to the conclusion that it is my TV
    a Samsung JU6410, I did have a simular problem with my Fox HDR T2, Turning CEC off solved that problem, not this time though.

As regards pixelation I have noticed that if I have been watching a UHD satellite program when I change back to SD/HD programs i get pixrlation for a few seconds simular to the Aura when changing to/from recordings.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 11:01:26 #43 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

General comment, not aimed at any member in particular.

As always, and I know it is a pain to do, if you have any obscure problems that no one else is reporting (there are over 20 owners in this group of testers) then the advice is to carry out a reset of your unit.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 14:38:20 #44 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 1 day ago  » 
    While watching the cricket this afternoon (casting Sky Cricket from Now TV to the Aura), the Aura crashed. There was a recording in progress at the same time. The Aura also crashed while casting at the weekend.

Crashed again while watching the final T20 match (and I am not talking about England's batting). After about 3 hours and 20 minutes (at 4:50pm) the Aura crashed. Obviously, if watching a film or football match then the Aura crashing after more than 3 hours is probably not a problem, but the one day matches start on Tuesday.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 18:37:13 #45 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 13 mins ago  » 

Mars - 1 day ago  » 
    While watching the cricket this afternoon (casting Sky Cricket from Now TV to the Aura), the Aura crashed. There was a recording in progress at the same time. The Aura also crashed while casting at the weekend.

Crashed again while watching the final T20 match (and I am not talking about England's batting). After about 3 hours and 20 minutes (at 4:50pm) the Aura crashed. Obviously, if watching a film or football match then the Aura crashing after more than 3 hours is probably not a problem, but the one day matches start on Tuesday.

Just a suggestion. I wonder if this is time shift buffer related. Trying to buffer live content fails and the box crashes. Anybody know how big the total file is before it starts again ? Given that it should be possible to relate to approx live TV bitrate. Perhaps record an hour and see how much your free space reduces.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 18:54:51 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

Had a new bug. The overlay that tells you the resolution of the source and the output got "stuck" on the display. A quick standby toggle didn't remove it, but a long press shutdown and power back up fixed it. I have not been able to reproduce it though to report a step-through.

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 20:46:03 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

grahamlthompson - 15 hours ago  » 

Mars - 13 mins ago  » 

Mars - 1 day ago  » 

Just a suggestion. I wonder if this is time shift buffer related. Trying to buffer live content fails and the box crashes. Anybody know how big the total file is before it starts again ? Given that it should be possible to relate to approx live TV bitrate. Perhaps record an hour and see how much your free space reduces.

Think you might have a point there Graham.

I was watching a previous recording ("Gardeners World") from Friday when the timer kicked in for "The Wall" (BBC1 HD), and I noticed a couple of events of pixellation part way through recording of "The Wall".

I've captured both events in video links..

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MO2H-rzjd7luEZFPqStA0KUrnmTDI9Bc?usp=sharing

At the time of "The Wall" recording I'd paused Gardeners World to make a brew & noticed the screensaver with the perpetual clock kicked in when I got back in the room.

The recording of Gardeners World was totally glitch-free (BBC2 HD).

Happy to report though no other events of pixellation I can see from recordings made since I removed the LAN cable & went Wi-Fi only, though since going Wi-Fi only I haven't set the box for more than one simultaneous recording.

Not having the box ethernet connected means there's a bit of a hit on the box speed response for Plex & other Freeview-Live programme updates that have to come through the internet, but on balance it's well worth it for (largely) glitch-free viewing.

I'm going to experiment by putting the LAN cable back to see if the glitches return.

(Running latest Beta Update)

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 10:42:23 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

longtalltim

MattB1 - 1 day ago  » 

Fixdit - 10 hours ago  » 
    I seem to have difficaulty installing updates. I go to the home screen after checking that there are no
    recordings taking place or scheduled to take place in the next 30mins, click on updates available, update
    screen very quickly appears then disappears. then nothing. Repeated after soft restart same thing, tried restart third time on starting the white circle appeared twice then it installed the update.

I've had exactly the same. Seems to take multiple resets to get the update to download and install. Haven't worked out the trick yet, always seems hit and miss.

I also have this update problem... can take half-a-dozen attempts... last time I recall this was also happening after a restart.

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 20:37:11 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

GCW1

Just an update how Aura is performing. As a pvr it is pretty solid, no reboots, no problems on single recordings or series, app working for search and setting recordings.

Only real problem is time shift or paused recordings, with stutters & occasional pixelation, more noticed is the drop out in sound, which is usually brief, but can be upto 10 seconds. All of this is most likely to happen when you press play after being paused. The drop outs and stutters of only a second randomly during play are often when I expect a recording to start in the background.
    Hope this is of help.

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 20:58:42 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.