My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 22.03.21

(73 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

New version available, check for app notifications.

For info, updated 2 units without any issues.

Release note:

• A pixellation case solved : HD & Timeshift play. (Thanks for detailed reporting from beta testers)
    • New workaround for black screen issue launching iPlayer, ITV-hub etc. (It will be appreciated for further reports of the issue)
    • Bugfix : When “never” was set for “Put device in sleep” option - A problem of random message
    • Recording issues for various situation - Occasional recording related issues ( e.g. A recording can not finish etc..)
    • A change for HDMI resolution banner “not disappearing” issue.
    • Occasional crash of MediaServer (DLNA server) fixed.
    • Some UI bug fix (Opaque control of Recording series list ..)
    • FTP transfer problem of Converted recording fixed.

Only comment in this thread if you are taking part in testing.

| Tue 23 Mar 2021 13:18:22 #1 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I've checked the Opaque control in the Recordings and Schedule lists and this now looks consistent. The lower multiple episode folders are now using the setting and not the default.

A fix for this may be in the works but the Schedule list is still retaining the original programme title (from the first recording) for all future series episodes at the top level when the next episode may have a different name underneath. Can be a bit confusing when using the schedule to check a programme is set-up and it does not match the guide.

| Tue 23 Mar 2021 17:41:46 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Almost 24 Hours since I started this thread and only 1 comment so far

The other 20+ testers must be happy

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 13:09:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

Barry - 26 mins ago  » 

Please don’t “shoot” me Barry but does the longer a beta gets released without issues mean that it could drop to the general public as a live firmware update? Or there will be another beta on the way? Just trying to manage my expectations and when I will be able to use new features, etc.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 13:37:16 #4 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

The minor grammatical error on the time information when playing/pausing recordings has also been fixed. Thank you.

I did see a brief pixilation/sound issue on a BBC2HD recording from last night but it may have coincided with the exiting the VLC player App, which I did by going directly to the Recordings list, whilst the recording was still in progress. This is the first pixilation event I've seen since I moved to wi-fi from hardwired LAN.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 13:47:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

You say it like you're having withdrawal symptoms Barry

We did have a power cut in our neck of the woods for about 4 hours last night & I haven't had the telly on today so far..

I'm sure I can find something to moan about if I look for it LOL

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 14:18:50 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

boogersa - 53 mins ago  » 

Barry - 26 mins ago  » 

Please don’t “shoot” me Barry but does the longer a beta gets released without issues mean that it could drop to the general public as a live firmware update? Or there will be another beta on the way? Just trying to manage my expectations and when I will be able to use new features, etc.

There may be more beta's before we get to a public release.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 14:31:05 #7 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

I have not noticed any pixellation when going from the home menu to live tv.
    Deep standby has worked fine since the weekend.
    I still have the odd issue with the favourite list, see:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-beta-software-dated-170321/page/6#post-88471
    After the update, casting the cricket on Now TV did not crash the Aura, but the test was cut short by England's batting collapse. I will test again on Friday (and Sunday).
    The limit of 12 recordings in a series still seems to be present (I would have thought that this would be simple to fix).
    When I switched on the DLNA option, the settings seemed to be different to the last settings that I used.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 14:38:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

IBO

Yes I am happy, all the points mentioned on yesterday's update appear to be working.

In particular I can now access all the catchup apps using any of the possible ways offered by the box which was not possible before yesterday.

IBO

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 15:48:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajr37

I had slight difficulty receiving this update.

I prefer just an Ethernet connection and this has been working fine for catchup and Youtube etc. It has shown as Ethernet connected as long as I kept Wifi switched on (as previously described) but not having a password entered for any wifi network.

In this state I was seeing the HAMS updates but the message, when clicked on, flashed up several updates and then just disappeared after a second or so. When I checked the main software version it had not updated.

This afternoon, I connected to a wifi network as well and the update seems to have gone through - I could see the Freeview app being updated.

I understand that wifi is plenty fast enough and I can tweak my network so that the wifi link gets the fixed IP that I want but if there is an Ethernet connection maybe it should report its status correctly (i.e. not need wifi switched on) and be usable for updates when it is showing as connected with a valid IP address (and a valid DNS server address as far as I can see).

Understand this is not high on the list of functionality that matters to most people (including me) but, unless something else in my network is amiss then others may experience this.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 17:11:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.