My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 22.03.21

(73 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

I've been wireless since day 1, I also had the delayed update issue though with the screen disappearing after a second or so. I wondered if the lack of ability to update was linked to a process using that app at the time of the update? e.g a live recording or something similar?

Agree if ethernet is there it should just work, even if there is a perfectly usable workaround of wifi (or in my case, a prefered option).

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 18:17:19 #11 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Blank/black screen when trying to open All4 from the Android TV Home and the Freeview Play Home screens. YouTube opens and plays videos fine.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 18:44:04 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mars - 3 mins ago  » 
    Blank/black screen when trying to open All4 from the Android TV Home and the Freeview Play Home screens. YouTube opens and plays videos fine.

Just checked and all 4 main players are working for me.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 18:49:47 #13 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

Barry - 9 mins ago  » 

Mars - 3 mins ago  » 

None working here! I cannot restart the Aura at the moment as it is recording.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 19:00:15 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

I have an issue that I don't think is beta related but as I am on the beta team I'll post it here.
    For my ethernet connection I want to turn off DHCP and set an IP address that will be linked to the MAC address by the router, but I can't work out how to save the IP address on the Aura. I've tried all the obvious button presses on the remote, and a few non obvious ones, but nothing worked. Screenshot shows the position as far as I got.
    Has anyone managed to set their own choice of IP address or is this one for the Humax team?

Attachments

1. 20210324_174441.jpg (991.1 KB, 5 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 24 Mar 2021 19:01:34 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Highlighting Bottom right arrow and pressing OK usually works to enter data.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 19:05:12 #16 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 1 hour ago  » 

Barry - 9 mins ago  » 

Mars - 3 mins ago  » 

None working here! I cannot restart the Aura at the moment as it is recording.

Now working after restarting Aura.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 20:11:00 #17 |
  8. Fixdit

Fixdit

No pixelation so far, but last night had a black screen no audio about 15 mins into a recorded Pointless episode. Same happened to todays recording on replay, only picture froze / no audio this time, about 15 mins in. On replay could not be replicated .Both times only lasted a few seconds

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 20:33:50 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

No pixelation issues so far but I’ve had many more signal issues (signal weak warning) resulting in pauses when the time shift buffer reaches the poor signal portion of the recording, and as I type this the buffer died and jumped to the live stream (lost 20 or so minutes of content)

It could be atmospheric so not sure if it is a genuine problem.

Apart from that, this release looks great, parking my pet peeves of having to manually pick 1080p24 every time I watch 1080p content on Plex or Prime Video (why can’t the auto resolution / frame rate detection pick the correct resolution ?).

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 21:34:22 #19 |
  10. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Try as I might I cannot find any major faults with the Aura in my usage routine.

It would be nice if more than two programmes could be transcoded at any one time.

It would be nice if programmes, once transcoded, downloaded to the chosen device quicker.

I would be nice if my android phone (running Android 11) was able to see the contents of the folder the Aura App downloads to without having to connect the device to a PC.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 21:36:59 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.