My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Aura Beta software dated 22.03.21

(73 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

swilliams

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 
    Almost 24 Hours since I started this thread and only 1 comment so far
    The other 20+ testers must be happy

I posted to the previous topic "Aura Beta software dated 17.03.21" just before it was closed describing how I managed to record the same programme 3 times. I'd have thought that it merited some comment but may have been overlooked because you closed the thread.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 22:06:20 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

I’m plagued with weak signal problems (first on channel 4 HD, now channel 5 HD).

Neither the TV or FVP 5000 connected to the same aerial socket have problems.

I’ll report back if I continue to see problems.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 22:20:10 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

A separate observation.

Playback of DTS-HD coded material, set to ‘passthrough HDMI’ using Plex media player, under Plex advanced settings, doesn’t playback properly resulting in stutter and corrupted audio playback through my amp (Marantz SR7011).

All other codecs passthrough OK.

It may/may not be an Aura problem, but a Plex app problem, though I thought I’d mention it.

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 22:28:42 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

...and the dreaded pixellation is back with a vengeance tonight

Was watching 'Live' BBC4 HD Lucy Worsley programme (clear as a bell with no pixelllation) when Corrie began timer recording on ITV HD.

About 8.45, began watching Corrie on Aura record catch-up & noticed pixellation from the ITV ident onwards, on roughly 6 occasions (Video of a few examples below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dVVHWkDddZ-MNZLfYVkfizxLCUm1CYC5/view?usp=sharing

(On Wi-Fi, Signal Attenuated to c. 70% Strength (100% Quality) & running latest Beta)

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 0:29:59 #24 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

andyd1302 - 42 mins ago  » 
    ...and the dreaded pixellation is back with a vengeance tonight
    Was watching 'Live' BBC4 HD Lucy Worsley programme (clear as a bell with no pixelllation) when Corrie began timer recording on ITV HD.
    About 8.45, began watching Corrie on Aura record catch-up & noticed pixellation from the ITV ident onwards, on roughly 6 occasions (Video of a few examples below)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dVVHWkDddZ-MNZLfYVkfizxLCUm1CYC5/view?usp=sharing
    (On Wi-Fi, Signal Attenuated to c. 70% Strength (100% Quality) & running latest Beta)

Same here, have seen two instances of pixilation on two separate recordings from BBC2HD yesterday and a CH.5HD one today. Had no issues on the previous beta. Continuing to monitor.

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 1:18:29 #25 |
  6. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Not sure if this is an Aura problem or not. Last night at 10pm television and Aura were put into standby using the Aura remote. Remote was left on table next to TV and Aura.

Went to bed about 12:30am this morning.

Woke at about 2am this morning; the television, Aura and my FVP 4000t were all on. Only me and the wife in the house, both went to bed in the same room.

Strange experience.

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 14:43:25 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

Barry - 1 day ago  » 
    Highlighting Bottom right arrow and pressing OK usually works to enter data.

Thanks. I have it sorted now.

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 20:52:38 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

GordyBoy - 6 hours ago  » 
    Not sure if this is an Aura problem or not. Last night at 10pm television and Aura were put into standby using the Aura remote. Remote was left on table next to TV and Aura.
    Woke at about 2am this morning; the television, Aura and my FVP 4000t were all on. Only me and the wife in the house, both went to bed in the same room.
    Strange experience.

I’d classify that as a haunting. Get those night vision cameras setup!

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 21:20:58 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

GordyBoy - 6 hours ago  » 
    Strange experience.

Guessing this is a consequence of CEC power control. Hard to tell which item woke up and powered the others. Was the Aura put into long push sby ?

Which kit has cec control turned on.

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 21:40:34 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ceri

I haven't seen any major issues since the last update. 1 minor thing is that the amplifier connected to the HDMI ARC on the TV does not always turn on when the unit is powered up from standby (even though it turns the TV on). When the amplifier does not turn on, if I press the S/AD button twice, then green "audio system off" the amplifier then turns on. The red button has no effect.

On a "nice to have" request, would it be possible to have a setting that the unit automatically transcodes programs after recording them? This would mean they are instantly ready when I want to watch them with seek control on the bedroom Chromecast, instead of having to remember to transcode beforehand.

| Thu 25 Mar 2021 22:07:11 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.